seventy nine

same day

note : this chapter is going to be a call for the purpose of the story. enjoy :)

i look down at zayn's contact and the call button. i don't know if i should press it or just stare at it until i don't feel obligated to do this. but a small part of me doesn't want to let go of zayn.

gosh why does this have to be so hard. it's a goddamn call. when can possibly go wrong?

i tap the call button and bring my phone to my ear, and hear it ring.

and ring.

ring again.

then again.

then, there was sobbing on the other line.

"hello? zayn?" and the sobs got even louder.

"don't" the sound was very unclear but i could tell it was zayn.

"why are you crying?"

"you liam. it's always because of you"

"i don't understand"

"i'm me because of you. liam without you i don't know where i'll be in life. probably selling myself to people for money or being more abused than i already am" zayn sniffs and i could still hear faint cries escaping his mouth.

"oh well.... i don't know what to say"

"see thats your problem babe" zayn took a pause, making the conversation over the phone quiet, "you don't know what to say. and when you do say something 80% of the time it's just stupid bullshit"

suddenly rage starting building up inside me. he has the nerve to say that when i speak, it's just bullshit? what the hell is wrong with him.

"zayn listen to yourself"

"if i could" zayn stopped talking and i heard gulping.

if he's drinking....

"but ya know i only had the courage to pick up the damn phone because beer makes me powerful" zayn laughed at the end of that, making my ears feel serenaded by his laughter.

"oh so you are"

"almost there. woo!" zayn screamed and the line starting buzzing.

"wait i'm losing connection" i say as i stand up from my bed and start walking around to find better reception.

"okay talk to me drunk zayn"

"no. you are a bitch"

"what?"

"i don't know why i like you so fuck off"

"zayn why are you saying that?"

"because i love you and what you said to me literally almost resulted to my death about an hour ago. good thing my dad was around, now i am safe and talking to you"

"oh...."

zayn stayed quiet.

"see nothing to say at all. goodbye liam and oh" zayn took a pause and gulped down more beer, "my heart doesn't beat for you anymore"

then the line went dead.

fuck.

what have i done.