[ 13 ] 2013

[ 13 ] 2013 

-

"You said we needed a member of the original family. I brought you two, the only two remaining ones."

-

Paúl let Michael into the house, a boy and a girl waited outside for him. They had been told that Michael's friends were hunters and weren't sure what to expect from them. "You'll be alright." Michael assured the two of them and waved them into the house. The boy walked into the house first, with his sister walking in behind him. Both of them looked uncomfortable. They were in a country they didn't know, with people they didn't know. And what was worse for the new visitors was that they noticed the hostile way which Paúl looked at them.

He was a tall boy with a lean, yet slightly muscular build. He was dressed in a leather jacket and dark jeans, on his face was no hint of a smile. And he looked foreign, from a latinamerican country. The two who followed behind Michael found the young man to be intimidating without him even having to say anything to them.

The nineteen year old hunter shut the door behind the three when they passed the threshold and walked ahead of them to lead them into the livingroom that was directly to their left. Dempsey shot up from her seat on the couch when she saw a familiar girl with dark brown hair. "That's her." She said under her breath, but it was just loud enough for her collegue to hear.

"Who?" Paúl moved to stand by Dempsey's side. His dark brown eyes watched the strangers in the lovingroom. He was not very happy that Michael was bringing strangers along, but knowing his friend, they knew there was a purpose for him to bring them there.

Dempsey pointed a finger at her accusingly at the young girl as she explained what she meant. "When I was hunting shifters in England, this was the girl I was assigned to kill. She's fucking elusive. And then Michael was assigned to her when I got sent here. Why is she here?" She tried to take a step forward, towards her, but Paúl stopped her by sticking his arm out in front of the American brunette.

"You said we needed a member of the original family." Michael informed her. "I brought you two, the only two remaining ones." Gesturing to one then the other, he said, "This is Hazel and Jack Quimby, direct descendents of the first Canadian family of shifters. They have agreed to help us. But you have to swear you won't hurt them."

"How dare you make compromises like this when Harley's life is in danger?" Ashton accused in a voice full of outrage and anger etched across his face.

"I agree with the ghost boy." Dempsey nodded, her dark eyes narrowed into a glare at the boy who was her collegue. "You're in no position to make deals for your new friends." Her voice came out with much venom as she mentioned the two Canadian shifters who were members of the original family. "If anything, you'll be the one to lose. She's your sister. To Paul and I she's just the girl we were assigned to watch. She's practically nothing to us." She told Michael, standing her ground. Dempsey felt it wasn't their right to come into her home and tell her what to do.

But Michael had a response for her. "Actually, you're pretty much forced to agree to their terms. Either that or Harley will die and then the boss will come after you. Your call." He smirked at them in a nonchalant way.

Harley, who was sat on the single couch to the right, spoke up, "So...you would let me die for someone you just met?" Her voice was full of disbelief and hurt.

"Wow," Jack commented. "That girl looks a lot like my sister, only that one is blonde."

"Harley, I would do anything to save your life." Michael swore.