[ 23 ] 2013

[ 23 ] 2013 

-

"I fucking missed you."

-

Calum led a complaining Harley Quinn towards his car. He needed to help her snap out of the trance she was in. Halfway there, she stopped abruptly and brought her hands up to her throat. Calum glanced at her, wondering why she had stopped and saw her trying to take breaths, but she looked like she was having difficulty doing so. "What's wrong?" He asked, rushing to her side.

Her blue eyes widened as the lack of air began to burn her lungs. Lightheaded, she stumbled forward and Calum caught her in his arms. He picked her up in his arms and hurried the rest of the way to his car that wasn't too far off. Before he was able to reach it, he felt her fall unconscious, going completely limp in his arms. He didn't understand what was happening to her, but he figured it had to do with Jack. They spent so much time together and he pieced together the fact that maybe being away from him made her ill.

He opened the passenger side door and placed her on the seat, buckling the seat belt on her and going around quickly to get in the car. Starting the engine, he sped off in the direction of the Quinns home. 

Since Luke's house wasn't too far from Harley's, he was able to get there in ten minutes. He got Harley out of the car and rushed to the front door. It was late at night and he saw no lights on inside, her parents must have been sleeping. Calum found it easier to get into the house without them noticing that way. He didn't want them to worry about Harley.

Calum walked through the house in the dark and climbed the stairs with a bit of a struggle. He eventually reached her room and pushed the door open. Cutting the distance between the door and the bed with a few strides, he placed her on it and went to shut the door.

When he turned to watch over her, he saw her sitting up in her bed. Her gaze was lost and she seemed disoriented. "When did I get home?" She asked, more to herself as she hadn't realized Calum was there yet. Her eyes scanned every inch of her surroundings until they fell upon the dark figure standing at the foot of her bed. With fear evident in her eyes, Calum was sure what was coming next. Putting a stop to it, he rushed forward and clamped a hand over her mouth, coming into the dim amount of light that was coming from the window. She let out a muffled scream which he had been able to stifle.

"Its Calum." He hissed. "Stop screaming."

She grabbed at his hand, trying to push it away. But he was stronger than her. 

"Will you be quiet so I can take my hand off your mouth?" He asked her in a whisper.

She nodded her head and he did as he had told her. "Why do you keep bothering me?" Were the first words that left her mouth. "I don't want to be with you. I want to be with Jack." She said.

"Forget Jack!" Calum growled. "I've been busting my fucking ass to help you and all you can think about is him?"

"I love him." She said in a small voice.

"You don't!" He shouted, his anger escalating. But it wasn't at her. Her rejection only served to hate Jack more and more. "You know what? I need to have a talk with you. The real you." He grabbed both of her hands forcefully in his and closed his eyes, concentrating all his energy on the dark hallway.