[ 34 ] 2013

[ 34 ] 2013

Harley and Calum reached the classroom just as the bell rang to announce it was time for home class to end. In seconds, the halls were swarmed by students heading off to their first class. Phoenix was the last to emerge from the room, only moment after Luke, with a wide smile on her face. Harley turned towards Luke, who was already disappearing down the hallway with a group of popular kids. They all seemed to be congratulating him about something. Harley could only guess what that was about.

"Luke gave me his phone number." Phoenix announced joyfully.

But Harley wanted to save her friend the unnecessary drama. She began to explain to her as best she could, "Luke already has a girlfriend, her name is Hazel, and she's a good friend of mine. He's only showing all this interest in you because you're a new student." Or so Luke thought.

The smile on Phoenix's face dropped slightly. "You're such a funkill, Harley."

"I know you're not used to all this attention." Harley explained, "But Luke is trouble."

"He's into me." Phoenix insisted.

"He's into getting you into his bed." Harley told her rather bluntly.

Phoenix rolled her eyes at her friend. "You're just jealous that he's not chasing after you anymore."

"Please, Phoebe," Now Harley was the one rolling her eyes. "I'm not interested in Luke." And there had been already a lot of drama with a certain ghost cheerleader because of that mix-up. Why did everyone think she was into Luke Hemmings? Harley didn't understand, she showed no signs of being attracted to him in the slightest. "And I don't want to fight with you over him, so lets go to class." 

Harley linked arms with her bestfriend and walked with her and Calum to the electives hall where her Shakespeare class was located. Their teacher was thrilled to have someone visit his class and didn't ask any questions. He only had Phoebe sit and watch while he had the rest of the class perform scenes from Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. When that class ended, they went for their breakfast break which only lasted about a half hour. 

The next class on Harley's schedule was Advanced Placement Government, with the teacher from her home class. She knew she couldn't go with Phoenix there, her teacher wouldn't allow her in. Since Calum was in that class as well, the three decided to skip class. Instead, they went to the abandoned fourth floor where the individual classrooms were. That time, they found one of the private classrooms was unlocked and it was a music room with a grand piano taking up about half of the space in the small room.

They sat in that room for a while until Calum complained, "There's nothing fun to do here. And your friend is cockclocking us, Harley."

Harley shot him a glare.

The amusement was evident on his face as he cleared his throat to get Phoenix's attention. "Hey Phoenix," He called. And when her eyes met with his, he continued, "Would you mind sleeping until lunch time?"

She absently nodded and laid down on the ground, falling asleep almost instantly.

"Calum," Harley scolded, "We agreed we were going to be normal teenagers."

"You're undoing years of elementary school teachings. Don't they always bitch about how you should be yourself?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm being myself, and you surpress me."

"They don't mean you should use your supernatural powers." She argued.

"Well, now that she's asleep, why don't we use this time to have some fun? They say the private music rooms are sound proof, wanna test it out?" Calum winked.