[ 40 ] 2013

[ 40 ] 2013

Harley looked into her bedroom mirror, which at one point was the place where Ashton always was, and she adjusted her short shorts, pulling them down her legs. They kept riding up every time she moved. She had gone through a lot of work to get the black out of her hair, back to its blonde color. She pulled her hair up into two pig tails and died one blue while the other was done red. There was white make up on her face to make her look pale and red color on her lips. 

Her shirt was red and white with the words 'Daddy's Lil Monster' written across. Strapped around her waist was a belt with a holster, where she put her Diamond Rose. It was the one time she could be able to show it off.

By her bedroom door was the baseball bat her brother had used when he barged into her room the first day they arrived in Sydney and he thought she was in danger. 

She had dressed up as Harley Quinn from Suicide squad, and the Batman comics.

Phoenix walked up behind her friend, dressed in her costume as well. She had gone with Catwoman and her costume was skin tight and black from top to bottom with cat ears that she wore on her head.

With her cellphone, she put it into camera mode and said to Harley, "A picture for twitter!"

Harley rolled her eyes.

The girl with dark hair posted it on the internet and gasped when her phone rang with immediate notifications. "I can't believe guys from the basketball team back in Perth are retweeting this. They never retweet me." She informed Harley with excitement. "And one of them just asked me if you have a twitter account."

The blonde shook her head. "I don't." 

She had no time to be on social media when she was too busy solving shifter problems, and getting into trouble all the time.

"You should get one, puddin." Phoenix said, trying to sound like Harley Quinn from the cartoons.

"I'd rather not." Harley shook her head. 

Harley stepped away from the mirror and Phoenix stayed, looking at herself. The girl with blonde hair went to grab her phone off the night stand. It was seven and she knew people would be arriving at Niall and Andrea's party by now. 

Unlokcing her phone, she searched in her contacts for Calum's number and opened up a conversation.

harley: hey calum, will you be going to the party?

calum: idk if im ready to go in that house yet :/

harley: i understand. you dont have to go if it still brings you bad memories.

calum: it will always bring me bad memories.

calum: are u going?

harley: yea...i kinda have to. i dont want to ruin it now that im on semi-good terms with andrea.

calum: i might go too, only if youre going..

harley: okay, just let me know. text me.

With her phone in hand, Harley and Phoenix walked out into the hallway. Billy was just coming out of his bedroom as well. From what Harley could see, she knew exactly what he had dressed up as. Especially when she saw the guitar hanging from a strap at his shoulder and the harmonica head piece. But Phoenix didn't. Crinkling up her nose in confusion, she asked him, "What are you supposed to be, Billy?"

"Billy Quinn." Harley quickly replied. 

"Exactly." Her older brother smiled.

"I'm lost." Phoenix scratched the back of her head.