[ 41 ] 2013

[ 41 ] 2013

-

"What if he changes his mind? What if he decides to actually take her side? Its a pretty tempting offer."

-

The group of teens in costumes made their way across the street. From a small distance, they could already hear the blaring music and they could see people outside, drinking beer and talking. Harley saw a familiar car pull up and park on the curb of the house where Calum used to live. She told the others to go in and she'd catch up, to which they agreed with a nod. 

Calum emerged from his car, dressed as Captain America. Harley approached him with a smile. "I thought you weren't coming." She said.

The boy with raven hair gave a shrug of his shoulders. "I kind of had to. Niall and Andrea are my friends." Taking in her costume, he shot her a smirk, "Daddy's Lil Monster, eh? Can I be daddy?"

Harley rolled her eyes at him. "I already have a dad."

Still, a smile formed on her lips and they walked into the house together.

-

Luke was standing on one side of the living room in the crowded house, a beer in hand. He was surrounded by other populars from St. Genevieve's, but his attention was elsewhere. He was looking at Phoebe, who was across the room, with John. 

The others were nowhere to be found, they had separated during the party to prevent Phoenix from following them later when they were going to meet. 

The blue eyed boy glared at Phoenix and John.

Harley had told Luke a lie, that Phoenix was already dating someone. And he now thought she was dating John Medina. They were talking and had been spending time together since they arrived at the party. Luke Hemmings couldn't stand it. He could not accept the fact that another had what he wanted.

What he didn't know was that John had no interest in Phoenix.

With a beer can in hand and a smile on her face, Phoenix tried to make conversation with John. There was no one else to talk to since Harley had separated from the group to wait for Calum, and the others had just disappeared. But Phoenix felt the hostility whenever she was around them. Most of them didn't like her, they had taken Hazel's side because Phoenix was responsible for her break up with Luke.

Leaning a bit closer to him, she yelled over the blaring music, "So John, are you single?"

He shook his head and replied with a polite smile. "No, I have a girlfriend, actually. Her name is Marializ and she lives in Guadalajara. I met her at the university."

"I bet she misses you." Phoenix pointed out.

"I call her all the time." John explained, "And its not like I won't return. I'm only here to spend the Christmas holiday with my brother. He's the only family I have, and I haven't seen him in months."

Already with a couple of drinks in him, Luke had decided to confront Phoenix and her supposed boyfriend. But first, he wanted to have one last attempt at trying to convince Phoenix to date him. The blonde haired boy chugged down the rest of his beer, handed the empty bottle to one of his mates nearby, and pushed past them, headed towards Phoebe Nixon.

When she was just within his reach, he reached out to grab her arm. "I want to talk to you." He said to her, which sounded more like an order than a request.

Luke Hemmings was used to always getting what he wanted.

"Luke!" Phoenix complained, wincing in pain. "Let go."