Epilogue

Queen Elizabeth walked, snapping at the servants as she walked by. They all avoided looking at her. They cowered their heads in fear and avoided making any kind of eye contact. It was one of her many rules.

"This is still dusty" she ran her fingers across the mantel. "Clean it properly" she glowered at the young servant girl who only nodded. All the servants knew better than to look at her.

Queen Elizabeth was a tall blonde blue eyed woman. She always dressed elegantly. She liked large over the top dresses with jewelry. She surveyed the castle as she walked to see her brother, Duke of Wentker. She loved being in charge. She loved living at the castle and she especially enjoyed having the power that had been given to her. It was rather limited but she knew once she took control, everything would be hers. She walked past the locked main room. She glowered as she opened the door. The room was purposely kept locked so nobody would see its contents. She opened the double rooms which contained portraits and relics of the old family. She wanted to get rid of it but the Counsel wouldn't let anybody touch it. The Queen and King's crowns laid in the back of the room. She walked slowly toward them. Those crowns would someday be for her son. She wanted her son William to take the throne permanently. Her eyes laid on the portraits. Their entire family line had a portrait. Their familial trait was the most prominent feature. She had been searching for it but there was no evidence. From the looks of it, there was no Heir but she knew better. Someone out there knew something. She would find out and kill the Heir. The throne would be theirs. She quickly left the room and went to find her brother.

The Duke was just like his sister, he was over the top. He wore gold rings on all his fingers. He wore a black military style jacket with a dark purple cloak tied at his shoulders.

"So?" she sat down across from him.

"Nothing" the Duke looked at his sister. He was holding a piece of paper in between his fingers. He lifted it at his sister. His sister's eyes narrowed but she took it.

They are at Weston.

"I told you" Queen Elizabeth lifted her lips in dislike. "That is the families' favorite school and I knew Rima was there" she threw the paper into the fireplace. "Did Charles send it?"

"Yes, I just got it today. There were no reported deaths at the school" The Duke answered. He leaned back into his chair, pressing his finger to his lips. "I have sent a search party to find him."

Queen Elizabeth shrugged. She didn't particularly care for the Guardian. She just wanted all of them out of the way so they could take the throne. It was going to be difficult because Ronald remained. He either had to be killed or he had to join them. Charles hadn't been particularly difficult to convince, he had been her husbands friend. "I want the Guardians and the Heir dead, brother. I want him dead. I know he is alive"

"We don't even know if there is a heir" the Duke thought his sister was too paranoid for her own good.

"There is an heir" she cut him off. "I know they had a child before they were killed. We need to get into the Counsel Brother, it is the only way I will rest."

"Dear Sister" the Duke sighed.

"I want William to permanently take the thrown, if there is an heir in two years they will take back the throne. We are only temporary while they build up their Guard and train the new Guardians, until the new King becomes of age."

"Well I have some good news for you" the Duke smiled, the smile didn't meet his eyes. Both their eyes were always cold and hard. "One of the counsel members is planning to retire"

"How long?" Queen Elizabeth jumped to her feet. She grinned down at her brother.

"December when the new cycle begins"

"Who is it?" Queen Elizabeth lifted her head.

"Quen" the Duke sat up. This could be his turn to join the Counsel.

"No-no" the Queen lifted a finger. "He already has a replacement everybody knows---what if he were to have an accident. You can join the Counsel, Brother"

The Duke laughed. It had been easy to kill the Queen and King and put Elizabeth and Phillip in the throne.

"About time" the Duke got to his feet. He went around and hugged his sister.

"Once we run the Counsel we will have easy access to them because I know they are hiding. We will take control of the Counsel and then nobody can remove us not even the Guardians- not the Guard. They will be ours to control"

"If there is an Heir- Elizabeth" the duke released his sister. "They never announced an heir- I killed them, Elizabeth. She was not pregnant nor had signs of having had a child"

"I know what I'm talking about Elijah, I can feel it."

The Duke nodded. His sister was always right when she got her strange feelings, that was how they had ended up in the castle.

"Alright I will try to find a way to get rid of Quen"

"Be successful Elijah, torturing students didn't go all that well for you"

The Duke rolled his eyes.

"Details, Sister" the Duke laughed. "Too many details, this should be easy. I'll be in the Counsel by the end of August."

Continue to Year Two: Guardian Rising