Chapter Twenty-Four

After the Rank, the boys went to my room to get ready. I was going to meet up with Byron later. It turned out Xavier and Drew were married so they were going to bring their wives along. Vino was going to bring his fiancé. Both Ezra and Thomas had gotten guard girls as dates.

"Are we having an early dinner?" I asked the boys. They were in my room getting ready. I felt like they took longer than I did.

"Dinner and then go out dancing" Ezra called from my bathroom.

I made a face at the mirror as I put on make-up. I had dark purple lipstick on and bit of black eyeliner. I kicked Ezra out of the bathroom so I could get dressed. I decided on a long white gown, it was fitting since there was snow outside. The school had also been decorated with some snowflakes falling from the ceiling.

"Damn girl" Ezra whistled. I slipped into some heels. "I should just date you and forget about dating"

"Shut up" I smiled anyway at him. Thomas looked me over.

"Working out has been good to you" he winked at me. I shook my head at the both of them. My legs were much more tone which was really exciting. I loved having muscle.

There was a knock on my door. Ezra opened it and Byron walked in.

"Are you ready?" he asked calmly. I bit my lip back. He looked dashing in his black tux.

"Yes- we will see you downstairs" I told the boys. "Don't forget to lock my door' I told them. They were barely putting on their tuxes.

There were people walking around, heading for the dinner. All the girls and guys were wearing formal wear.

Byron pulled me aside.

"You look absolutely beautiful" Byron grinned. My favorite smile was on his face. I leaned up and pressed my lips against his.

I rolled my eyes. I wiped his lips clean.

"Thank you- you look very handsome" I patted his chest. "I'm so excited" I leaned up on my toes. "I've never been to a Ball"

"They are fun. We should get going" Byron held out his arm. I took it and we went outside.

"Who is driving or are we" I stopped talking. There were two sleek black cars.

"Courtesy of the Guard" Tobey smiled at Brenda who rolled her eyes, but there was a smile on her face.

"We need to keep hanging out with you guys- it has its perks" Ezra laughed behind me. Thomas was behind him with his date. "I'll drive" Tobey tossed him a pair of keys.

"We take the BMW" Ezra laughed like a small boy who had been given a brand new toy. Byron had a big smile on his face as he took another pair of keys.

My heart sped up. Holy-

He looked really good. I tore my eyes from him so I wouldn't be caught staring.

"Did you two coordinate or something" Ezra smirked.

"I did, earlier" I replied with a laugh.

"Yeah she called to make sure I wore a tux, didn't you all get the memo"

"No- she probably likes you better than us" Thomas gave me a side-glance. I wanted to kick him. I tried to keep myself from giving him a hard look so I settled on rolling my eyes.

"Alright ladies and gent let's go."

"Shot gun" I called before anybody else called it. I got into the passenger seat. Byron immediately turned up the volume with a wink.