Chapter 16

“I can see mountains, you here that Cy I can see mountains!” Scarlet said practically bouncing in the back seat. The difference from her mood this morning was amassing to say the least.

“That where we’re heading?” I asked Kyle trying to ignore how Scarlet was making the car rock as I began to get a bit sea sick.

“Yep but no more detail until we get there.” He said and the smile in his voice was obvious. “Now put the radio on I fancy a bit of music.”

“Ooo eee, ooo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang”

 “I love this song!” I said and began singing along with the radio. “You've been keepin' love from me just like you were a miser, And I'll admit I wasn't very smart, So I went out and found myself a guy who's so much wiser, And he taught me the way to win your heart. Ooo eee, ooo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang, Ooo eee, ooo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang. My friend the witch doctor, he taught me what to say, My friend the witch doctor, he taught me what to do, I know that you'll be mine when I say this to you… Ooo eee, ooo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.  Ooo eee, ooo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang!”

“No, no, no. What we need is some one direction here.” Scarlet said as my and Kyle groaned in unison.

“Just leave it on for a while Scar, I don’t think I’ll live through any of oneD’s stuff right now.” I moaned as I felt Kyle put his foot on the pedal making the car lurch forward.

“Fine but then I’m putting my CD on.” She told us.

“You actually have a CD?” Kyle’s laughed, “Those things are what they used to use Scar. It’s all Ipods and Ipads now my dear so I’d catch up with the times if I was you.”

“Ow sod off Ki, it’s a CD get over it.” A now annoyed sounding Scarlet complained. “Besides your car still has a CD player so it’s all fine and dandy.”

“Yep and I’m pepper pig peachy.” He said making me mentally groan as they talked over the rest of my favourite song.

“Ok its done!” Scarlet yelled sounding way to happy about it. She leaned forward and put a CD in, great, a whole CD of the stuff. Then the music started playing, she started singing and I have to admit even I was groovin’ along to the music. “Let's go crazy, crazy, crazy till we see the sun, I know we only met but let's pretend it's love. And never, never, never stop for anyone. Tonight let's get some, And live while we're young.”

Yere, lets live while we’re young, or alive at least. I could only guess why Scarlet liked this song but I’m sure that I couldn’t be that far off. “Hey girl, it's now or never, it's now or never. Don't over-think, just let it go. And if we get together, yeah, get together. Don't let the pictures leave your phone, ohhhh.”

This song was just perfect for us I guess and judging by the fact me and Kyle were now singing along with her we all felt the same. “And girl, you and I. We’re about to make some memories tonight…” Memories were all we were going to have when this were all over. “I know we only met but let’s pretend it’s love.” I could do that. This song, was just us, just right for us.

When it was over, and we’d all stopped singing an dancing I couldn’t help but wonder what would happen if our lives really were that song. It’s a stupid thought I know but I’m aloud stupid thoughts if I want.

~~~

“Kyle can you stop for a sec I need the lo.” Scarlet’s voice sounded rather drowsy and guessing by the fact I hadn’t herd anything from her in ages I’d say she’d just woken up after a nice long cat nap.

“Sure just let me find somewhere to pull over.” Kyle said yawning himself.

“What times it anyway?” I asked my body clock not knowing what to think.

“About,” Kyle sighed. “Six thirty but since little miss sunshine here got us up at some ungodly hour of the morning I’m shattered.”

“Fair doo’s.” I nodded as the car pulled over and the back door opened presumably as Scarlet was getting out. “She gone?”

“Yep.” Was the board response.

I sighed knowing that I had to ask now or never. “Kyle about last night…” I was cut off before I could even make it to asking the beginning of the question as his lips gently pressed against mine.

“Whatever it is you were about to ask I hope that answers it for you.” He said sadly. “I’m just not ready to talk about it exactly. Not yet but I’m getting there and Cy there’s never be anyone else for me. No one but you.”

“I know.” I told him sad myself now. “I know.” That kiss had said it all. He just had to accept himself, accept that he liked me, maybe more than he wanted to but still liked me in that way. That kiss was a promise of something in the future, no matter how big or small it would be.

“I’m’a back.” Scarlet said but something in her voice was off.

“You ok?” I asked her turning my head as if to look in the back seats.

“Fine why?” She asked back.

“You just sound off.” I told her.

“Trust my Cy now I’m out of the dam hospital I’ve never felt better.” But then maybe that was just the problem.

~~~

“We’re here,” Kyle said as he stopped the car and got out. “It’s still light to so we’ve got enough time to set up camp.”

“Great in that case I’m cook and exempt from setting up camp duties,” Scarlet said hopping out. “I’m’a going to get get fire wood be back in a tick of a tock clock.”

I sighed feeling guilty over what I was about to say, “I would help but…”

“Ow don’t worry, you I’m letting off the hook. Her on the other hand is going to be getting one when I get back.” Kyle laughed before grabbing god knows what out of the boot.