Chapter 19

I sat through the uncomfortable silence in the car for over an hour the next day. It was suffocating. Scarlet and Kyle were politely ignoring each other, probably due to there mini argument yesterday. Then I wasn’t sure if Kyle was upset with me or weather he thought I was upset with him because I didn’t sleep next to him last night. But how could I, knowing now how much I’d betrayed Scarlet I felt horrible. Then of course there was Scarlet who was just in a general mood, probably because she thought me and Kyle did stuff again last night when we so didn’t.

Yes, this had to be the worst atmosphere I’d ever been apart of.

“AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!”  I randomly screamed making Kyle jump and swerve the car causing Scarlet to join in with our screaming. It was by no way practical but it did the job.

“Why did you swerve?” Scarlet said to Kyle in a shaky voice. “God Ki, if your falling asleep at the wheel then I’ll drive for a bit.”

“I wasn’t falling asleep,” Kyle defended himself. “Cy started screaming and it scared the living shit out of me!”

“What crawled up your ass and died?” I asked him sarcastically. “Besides we both know you’ve been pulled over for drunk driving when your dead sober at least once.”

“Seriously Cyan, what the hell?” Scarlet asked me.

“The tension in this car was dam right horrid,” I told her. “So let’s get this sorted. Scarlet me and Kyle did nothing last night. Kyle I didn’t sleep next to you because I felt dam well guilty. And the both of you whatever this fight your having is let it go.”

“She wont let it go,” Kyle muttered.

At the same time Scar said, “You don’t know what your talking about Cy.”

“And here it all is. I didn’t want to do this but if getting it out in the open is the only way then I guess I’ll have to,” Taking a deep breath I mentally prepared myself for the marathon ramble that was about to happen. “Kyle and me slept together in the lost virginity way, you now feel like a third wheel, not helped by the fact that you like Kyle and he promised he wouldn’t make a move on me until your dead, you’ve probably slept together in the hospital, add that to the fact that Scarlet’s probably a lot worse than you’ve been letting me believe and I’m feeling just fan-fucking-tastic thank you very much me lovelies.”

There was dead silence in the car, everyone waiting to see who would talk first but no one daring to break the spell of silence.

“You are idiots,” Scarlet muttered under her breath though it was loud enough for us both to here. “The both of you. Yes Cy, me and Kyle have slept together once but it was more a pity fuck on his half than anything else. As for how bad I am it is my business, you shouldn’t concern yourself with it.”

“When will you stop being so bloody selfish?” I asked her turning my head and blind eyes to look over at her. “You think it’s all about you but it’s not. God only knows I love you Scarlet but stop making me miserable because of it and Kyle to for that matter.”

“He made a promise…” but I cute her off.

“Then you should listen to his explanation and apology, not just dismiss them as if they don’t matter. There’s no better revenge than seeing the people you hate have a good fucking life and all that.” I glared at her, hoping my unseeing eyes were adding to the effect of my anger right then.

“You were listening yesterday, weren’t you Cy?” Kyle asked me much more calmly than I probably deserved.

“It hurts me to here us all fighting like this. Cant we just forget it?” I asked immediately calming down as his voice echoed in my ears.