Chapter 20

“What does it look like?” I asked as Scarlet gasped.

“I, it, there are honestly no words to describe it!” Scarlet said obviously stunned.

“There’s a cliff edge that look’s out over the horizon. Perfect to watch the sunset. There’s forest either side of us, thick pine and the ground is a red’y brown. There’s a stream as well if we walk a little way alone.” Kyle said before getting out the car.

We all grabbed as much camping stuff as we could carry then holding Kyle’s hand I walked behind him as we went over to find the stream and sat up camp next to it.

“What are we having for dinner?” Scarlet asked. As she set up the tent.

“What’s your favourite food?” Kyle asked, a cheeky smile probably on his face.

“Chinese, ow please say it’s Chinese!” Scar sounded so exited.

“Chopstick’s and all.” He laughed clicking a pair together.

~~~

“Ok washing up time and can I suggest for this occasion a song?” Kyle asked as he collected up all the plates and chopsticks and everything else.

“What song?” I asked.

“I’ll give you a clue, Tolkin.” Kyle said.

“Blunt the knives and break the plates!” I cried.

“Chip the glasses and crack the plates!

Blunt the knives and bend the forks!

That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates --

Smash the bottles and burn the corks!”

We sang as we cleaned up, all three of us laughing a little at our own bad singing. The only half decent person was Kyle but even he was out of tune for this.

“Cut the cloth and tread on the fat!

Pour the milk on the pantry floor!

Leave the bones on the bedroom mat!

Splash the wine on every door!”

Scarlet grabbed my hand and spun me around in some kind of weird jig as we sung before I was passed to Kyle then he was taken by Scar as we all danced to the jolly tune of some song out of a book.

“Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl;

Pound them up with a thumping pole;

And when you’ve finished, if any are whole,

Send them down the hall to roll!”

I clapped to the tune as Kyle spun Scarlet around. I could hear there feet moving quickly around before they stopped and we all yelled the last two lines.

“That’s what Bilbo Baggins hates!

So, carefully! Carefully with the plates!”

And with that we all collapsed on the floor crying with laughter.

~~~

“Ok so if your life was a book what would be the title?” Kyle asked. “Mine would be How to shit in the woods.”

“Mine would be How to be Ginger.” Scarlet laughed.

“Mine would be Blue,” I said.

“What just blue?” Kyle asked. “That’s a little boring.”