Chapter 20

Luhan was extremely curious of everything that happened in Xiumin’s life since the last time they saw each other. Of course, they kept on texting and talking on Facebook but two years without seeing your best friend was hard and not everything could be said by text messages.

“So, what happened in your life for these two years?” Luhan asked as they kept on walking toward his house.

“Honestly… not that much. I mean it was really nice to visit China and I met some awesome people-“

“But not as awesome as me, right?” Luhan interrupted and Xiumin grinned

“Of course not! Nobody is as awesome as you Lulu! But there were still really nice people but nobody who I am still really in contact with they just came into my life for a while, you know? Jongdae and I just visited many places and it helped a lot with my Mandarin, so now we can talk in Mandarin if you want! It will help me remember it and it can be a secret language when we don’t want others to listen to our conversations!”

Luhan grinned widely, “Seems like a perfect plan!” he exclaimed. “By the way, how is it going between you and Chen?” Xiumin smiled sweetly at the question, there was always that spark in his eyes when his lover was mentioned and Luhan found that beautiful.

“Well it’s going really good. I think spending two years together, just the two of us in another country helped to build our relationship. And I don’t think I’ve ever been that much in love. He’s really a perfect man.”

Luhan smiled, “That’s really sweet. You know I love it when you’re talking about Chen because your relationship is just so sweet and lovely, it makes me happy just to see you two together!”

Luhan saw that they were in front of Sehun’s house and he let his eyes wander a bit there, hoping to see the younger guy. And he did, he caught a glimpse of the brunette sitting in his living room from the window and he smiled.

Xiumin chuckled, “Maybe soon you’ll be in a relationship too hehe! Oh I have the best idea ever! When you’re officially boyfriends we should totally have a double date! That would be so fun oh my god I always dreamt of having a double date with my best friend!”

Luhan chuckled at his friend’s excitement, “Well, it depends… That’s if I ever actually get in a relationship with him.” Luhan said and sighed. There were these days where he just couldn’t imagine Sehun liking him back. Why did he not have any expression, uh? It’s so hard to seduce someone who doesn’t show any reaction to whatever you’re doing! If at least he smiled when he appreciated something and frowned when he disliked something, Luhan could know what were the good and bad things to do. But no! He has to keep that pokerface on! UGH. But at the same time, it makes it more of a challenge and Luhan is known to love challenges, so why can’t he just enjoy this one? And that’s a really handsome and sexy challenge he’s got there. Luhan nodded, yup, finally it’s not that bad.

Getting out of his thoughts, the young man realized they were already at his doorsteps. He turned his head to look at Xiumin and saw that the latter was looking at him with amusement in his eyes.

“What?” Luhan said as he got his keys out and unlocked the door.

“I have no idea what you were thinking about – well actually I might have a little idea – but I just saw the development of your thoughts on your face and that was quite entertaining.”

Luhan chuckles and both guys enter the house. “Yeah? Then let’s see if you can still read me just as much as before. If I tell you I was thinking about you-know-who, what was I thinking?”

Xiumin grinned, they used to do that a lot when they were younger, saying they were linked telepathically and stuff and trying to decipher each other’s thoughts. “Well I’d say at first you were quite sad and thinking your crush might never be reciprocated – which is the easy part because you pretty much said that to me. But then you seemed a bit frustrated, probably because you thought your ‘mission’ wasn’t working fast enough and it was hard to make him fall for you. And since you told me he was always pokerfaced, I guess this had to do with it too. Then, at the end you started smiling so I guess you saw things more positively and started thinking about if it worked. Did I do well??” Xiumin asked.