Kaisoo Special Chapter

~ Kai’s POV ~

When the bell finally rang, I went to the convenience store, almost running, with the only thought in my head being ‘’I am such a stupid jerk! I am such a cruel, stupid jerk!’’ playing on repeat in my mind. Really, how could I be so selfish that I don’t even realise that I am hurting Kyungsoo?! It might be hard on me, but I’m sure it’s nothing compared to what Kyungsoo’s going through, well according to Luhan at least.

As the bell of the door chimed, I bowed and said hi to Kris, not taking the time to stop and start a conversation. I still took my time to choose carefully what I wanted though – I didn’t want to buy Kyungsoo just whatever I found, I needed to find something he liked.

My choice made – I bought Lindt chocolate, Kyungsoo’s favourite – I paid and waved goodbye to Kris before speed walking down the street. I wasn’t so far from Kyungsoo’s house so I could get there in only a few minutes.

Finally there, I knocked on the door and waited impatiently, out of breath and my heart beating awfully fast in my chest. I wasn’t sure if it was from running or just from the nervousness but I was pretty sure it was the last option.

Finally, the door opened (as I was about to knock again so I almost crashed my fist in the person’s face) and there stood Seojin, Kyungsoo’s big sister. ‘’Hey Kai! How are you? It’s about a week since I’ve last seen you, you don’t disappear for that long usually!’’ Seojin ruffled my hair and let me inside with her wide smile. She was four years older than me but we always got along really well. She was almost my sister too! And from the years we knew each other, I knew she considered me as her little brother too.

‘’Yeah.. I’ve been really stupid and that’s the reason I’m here actually…’’ I said, wanting to know what Seojin would think of my situation. ‘’Oh, a fight with Kyungie? It’s the first time, isn’t it? Then just go and talk to him, and don’t worry I’m sure it will go well!’’ She smiled encouragingly at me and said ‘’Fighting!’’ with her fist in the air. I smiled at her and went towards the stairs, but my nervousness still didn’t go away. Downstairs, I stayed in front of Kyungsoo’s closed bedroom door for a few minutes, preparing myself mentally. I then took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I heard Kyungsoo’s beautiful voice from the other side of the door and realised how much I freaking missed that voice. ‘’What is it? Come on in.’’

I slowly pushed the door open and watch Kyungsoo’s reaction carefully when he saw me. ‘’J-Jongin.??’’ Sadness replaced the usual glint in his eyes and he looked to the floor, avoiding my gaze. ‘’Hi.’’ was all I managed to say. Really?! I’m not nervous around him usually, why can’t I find the words to speak??

‘’What are you doing here? Please go away, I feel like being alone.’’ Ouch.. I think it’s the first time Kyungsoo ever ask me to go away. Well I deserve it.

‘’I-I came to t-talk to you.’’ Shit, fucking mouth, will you stop stuttering?! Kyungsoo was going to object but I took my courage and spoke before him. ‘’I am so sorry! I’ve been such a big jerk, stupid, cruel and selfish! But what is worse is that I didn’t even realise it. I was so concentrated on my own little self that I didn’t realise you were hurting and I can’t forgive myself for that!’’ I saw a battle of emotions in his eyes that were finally looking at me and I knew he was going to say something but I was quicker, ‘’Please just let me finish ok? I… I like you Kyungsoo. No, forget that, I love you. I know maybe I am ruining years and years of friendship telling you that, but you need to know. All these times I was flirting with you… I meant it. I liked you for a long while, although I wasn’t ready to admit it to anyone yet. You know at the café the other day? Yeah, I was in denial. And I have to say that if I avoided you for a while, it’s because I was trying to convince myself that I didn’t really like you.’’ I took a little pause, taking a deep breath.

‘’But… why did you not want to like me?’’ Kyungsoo asked in a weak, shaking voice. I could see the tears that were threatening to fall from his eyes and all I wanted to do was to hug him tightly in my arms, but I didn’t think I had the right to do that just now.

I took a deep breath before answering; I never talked to anyone about that. ‘’Well.. I never talked to you about my father, did I?’’ Kyungsoo shook his head no. ‘’I think now is the time. My father is.. not a very nice man. That’s why I’m living with my mother and I see him rarely. He’s really a player and I saw my mother cried so often because of him.. I really hated him. But at the same time, I didn’t believe in love because of him; I mean, if loving someone make you cry yourself to sleep every night, how can it be good? So I kinda decided to never fall in love. But that’s not the only thing actually… My father is also homophobic. Like really. He’s always told me how much it’s wrong for two people of the same gender to have feelings toward each other, how abnormal that is. Still, I never had anything against homosexuals… But considering that myself I might be gay… it was kinda hard you know. That’s why I used to flirt with girls.. to convince myself that I didn’t like boys. But really, the only one I liked was you and, I had to admit that to myself. But while I was trying to put my feelings back in place, I didn’t even realise I was hurting you. And I’m so angry at myself for that. And I understand if you don’t want to forgive me!’’ I could feel wetness on my cheeks and I could also see tears on Kyungsoo’s cheeks. We both looked at each other for a while. I wanted to hug him and kiss him and love him forever but I was waiting for a sign that he forgave me.

He approached me shakily and put his arms around my body, ‘’You’re such a stupid jerk…’’ I wasn’t sure how to react, it was as if the actions didn’t fit with the words and I was still unsure if I had the right to embrace him. ‘’But you’re my stupid jerk. And I love you.’’ The biggest of smiles appeared on my face and I did what I wanted for soooo long, I kissed him. It was such a gentle loving kiss at first, our lips fitting perfectly together as if they were made to be locked forever. And I surely felt like I could stay like that for a lifetime. Kyungsoo put his arms around my neck and deepened the kiss, which became passionate. After a while, we had to break the kiss to breathe. We just looked at each other in the eyes for a while, with the brightest smiles ever. ‘’So, should I understand that you forgive me?’’ I asked and Kyungsoo pecked my lips in answer. It was definitely the best day of my life.

Not able to help myself, I locked my lips with his again. This time keeping the kiss innocent and tender. I loved the feeling of his soft, perfect lips moving against mine, and I could tell this was my new addiction.

‘’Hey guys! I- Oops, sorry… uhm just act as if I never was here.’’ Seojin said as she opened the door enthusiastically. Kyungsoo and I let go of each other and looked at her with daggers in our eyes. ‘’Ok ok, I’m going! But… Congratulations!’’ She said and winked, before closing the door shut and running away from the room before we killed her.

Kyungsoo and I just looked at each other and started laughing. ‘’I love your sister but… She definitely needs to learn to knock before entering.’’ I said and Kyungsoo just laughed more. ‘’You’re so beautiful, you know that?’’ I said and I pecked his blushing cheeks.

‘’Oh! I forgot! Here, I bought you a little gift.’’ I took the chocolate from the bag I had left on the floor when I entered the room, and handed it to Kyungsoo.

‘’Aww really? You’re so sweet Kai! I love you~’’ I smiled happily at him. How come three simple words put together can make me feel so dizzy and make my heart beat fast like that? I think there’s a zoo in my tummy when he looks at me with his beautiful wide eyes like that.

‘’You make me so happy Kyungsoo.’’ I whispered before pulling him close for another kiss.

He broke the kiss too soon for my like, ‘’Yah! The chocolate is gonna melt!’’ He said and I laughed, ‘’Sorry, I’m just naturally that hot!’’ He hit me playfully in the arm and smiled at me.

Definitely, loving Kyungsoo was the best feeling in the world.