Chapter 18

The bell rang. Finally. The afternoon was passing by so slowly it seemed like the time was stopped and Luhan was impatiently waiting for the end of class like someone waiting for something that’s never going to happen. Luhan was even surprised when the bell rang, he was seriously starting to think he would never get out of there. Maybe the time was so painfully slow because it was proportional to how impatient and excited Luhan was for the not-quite-a-date-but-we’ll-call-it-a-date-anyway. But now that he was finally out of this prison called a classroom, stress started to come over him. Will Sehun actually like the ‘date’? Will he be awkward with Luhan since it’s a public place and there will be other people? Luhan has to do his best to be funny and cute! But will Sehun think he’s annoying if he talks too much? And what if Luhan doesn’t know what to say anymore and it creates an awkward silence? What if Sehun thinks he’s boring and doesn’t want to see him ever again? Oh no!!  This cannot happen! Okay Luhan, take a deep breath and calm down! It’s not even a date and everything will be fine! Ugh why is this so stressful?!

Luhan was already at his locker, he threw his things in it, took his schoolbag and looked at himself in his small mirror (because yes, Luhan is a guy and he has a mirror in his locker, he doesn’t care how gay it is, he is gay anyway and he is freaking fabulous, end of story.) before closing his locker and walking towards Sehun’s locker.

He met Chanyeol on his way and his giant friend wished him good luck to which he smiled, a tiny smile because he was just too nervous right now.

As soon as he saw Sehun though, a natural smile appeared on his lips and he waved at him. ‘’Hey! Ready for bubble tea?’’

Sehun nodded. ‘’Always!’’

Sehun shut his locker and both guys started walking in the direction of the school exit. Luhan could feel Sehun’s hand so close to his and he had to use a freaking lot of self-control to resist the temptation and not just take his hand in his. He would like to feel the other’s warm skin against his but he was scared of how Sehun might react so he didn’t do anything.

No matter how comfortable the silence was, Luhan had to break it, ‘’So, did you decide if you’re going to ask someone to the dance? It’s coming soon!’’

The guys entered the little café and Luhan smiled at how nice it was: it was really comfy and colorful, just like Luhan likes it.

‘’I don’t know… I don’t really know who I could ask to the dance, and I think I won’t go accompanied.’’ Sehun replied, to Luhan’s disappointment.

 ‘’Why? I mean I know you don’t know that many people but I’m sure someone caught your eye! You just have to ask that person and that’s a good way to meet people. Well that’s my opinion anyway because, really, it’s a lot better when you go with someone.’’

‘Hmm’’ Sehun nodded, ‘’But, you tell me about it but it makes me curious: Why don’t you have anybody to go with? Well to what I know anyway.’’

Luhan blushed, ‘’Well… I was waiting for this guy to ask me to go with him. But he didn’t yet and honestly I think he never will… But I’m still hoping so I wait.’’

It was finally their time to order, so Luhan got a mango bubble tea and Sehun got a lemon bubble tea.

Sehun nodded, ‘’You want to go with a guy? I’m not judging you or anything I just didn’t know. But why don’t you ask him if he won’t do it?’’

‘’Well… I tend to be shy with my crush and I don’t want to be rejected I guess. And I’m thinking if he asks me it shows that he truly wants to go with me, he’s not just doing that because I asked, you know?’’