chapter 1

The one thing that almost every teen has in common

What is that you might ask? A memory from a famous “party.”  Whether it was making a fool out of yourself then swearing that you'd never go back or it was where you had your first kiss or where you first played truth or dare or spin the bottle, seven minutes in heaven. Hey maybe it was where you met your boyfriend or girlfriend or where your relationship was ruined and enemies were made.

Almost every teen has some memorable moment from a party who am I kidding even adults from when they were young! Please take notice that I said ALMOST that’s because I have never been to a party.

Yes because apparently Kayli Elizabeth Jessica Parker is so boring that nobody has ever and I mean ever taken it upon themselves to invite me to a party. I mean come on people even the nerds, and socially awkward people have been invited to at least one party but not me no no no no. I have never and I mean never ever be invited to a party.

I mean you’d think dating someone like David that I’d be invited to many different parties but no see that’s where your wrong they invited him and then when he asked if he could bring me they HESITANTLY said yes.

That’s not an invitation!!! That’s inviting someone and because you want that someone to come you allow them to drag along someone who nobody cared enough to invite. I’ve had girls tell me to come to their parties but if I wasn’t bringing David not to bother show up. I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE that’s not an invitation you just want my boyfriend there and since I’m his girlfriend you use me to get him to come and no it’s not what u think it is.

They don’t invite him because they want to steal him from me or at least that’s what I hope, no they invite him because he’s the life of every party. He’s that one guy that’s always popping jokes, doing crazy stuff to make everyone laugh and have a good time.

Everybody knows that if your around David you’re bound to have a good time (one of his many personality traits that I like) unlike his “weird“ girlfriend and no I AM NOT WEIRD people don’t even talk to me so how dare they make assumptions about me being weird.

You don’t know me who gives you the right to judge me .It’s like judging a book by its cover just because I’m not in every activity and I don’t dress to impress and I don’t act crazy or get bad grades or acts particularly friendly to everyone that walks by me, people just ignore me and brand me as weird.

And not the good weird where your friend does something to make you laugh and you’re like “hahha you're  so weirddddd” and jokingly push them NOOOOOOOO I mean “let’s just avoid it and maybe it will disappear weird”.

Then you have those who have the audacity! To say “but David your so outgoing and your girlfriend is so *long pause with awkward glances* different….. how do you make it work ” I AM NOT AWKWARD DIFFERENT  if anything I am the most outgoing person in my family.

As I said before just because I don’t talk to everyone that walks by me does not make me weird. I’ll have you know missy that I have the trophy for most outstanding 3rd grade debater not you but me! How’s that for weird and awkward … this my friend is where I flip my hair in your face and walk away.

Back to the main point, I mean parties are so stupid anyway why do people even go? It just a waste of time. Why on God’s earth would I go somewhere where the music is deafening, everyone is smelly and drunk, and people are doing dirty stuff making you uncomfortable. When I could be in my bed eating some pizza and watching a chick flick. They should put a band on teenager parties!!

 So why am I ranting about this to u? I’ll tell u why it’s because my neighbor the same neighbor who I I have lived beside my entire life and went to the same school to from kindergarten up until high school is having a pre-Christmas party( I mean who the hell has a pre-Christmas party that doesn’t even make sense… stupid teenagers) and DID NOT INVITE ME.