Chapter 13

Thomas’s POV

I had all the guys gather in Riley’s maths class. She wandered in with another girl that I didn’t recognise. She glared at me and sat down before resting her feet on the desk.

 ‘Why are you guys all in here?’ she asked.

 ‘We are disappointed in you. I can’t believe that you bullied the cheerleaders’ someone said.

 Riley went to say something but she didn’t.

 We all started to yell at her. I have no idea what anyone else was saying but I was insulting her. The other girl whispered something to Riley and she cracked up laughing.

 ‘I can’t believe that you think that I would do that’ she said, feet still on desk.

 ‘Kelsey said that you bullied them’ I said even though I know that she knew.

 ‘You guys are meant to be my friends and if this is what you to your friends then I don’t want to be your friends’ she snapped.

 I was about to say something when a phone rang. Riley rummaged round and picked it up. She placed it to her ear and listened. She said a few things and then hung up. She threw the phone across the room.

 ‘Riley, what is wrong?’ the girl asked.

 ‘He’s dead. The one person, Sophie, that cared and he is dead’ she sobbed.

 ‘What happened?’ Sophie asked.

 ‘A drunk driver killed him’

‘At this time in the day?’

 ‘It was last night and he went through four rounds of surgery but they couldn’t save him’

 ‘What happened? Is poor little Riley crying for no reason?’ I asked in a teasing tone.

 ‘No, Ryan is dead and he is the only family that ever cared apart from Natalie’ Riley snapped and stormed out of the room.

 Sophie stood up and placed one hand on her hip and for the first time I had a good look at her. She has long caramel hair and green eyes.

 ‘I would say that it was a pleasure meeting you but it isn’t so I won’t’ she smirked.

 ‘How does Riley know you?’ I asked.

 ‘We are friends’ she smiled and walked out.

 Riley’s POV

 I walked into the cafeteria with Peyton and Alice. Thomas waved me over but I didn’t go over.  If he wanted to talk to me and get me to sit with them then they should have been nicer. I sat down between Peyton and Sophie. I have barely sat down when Kelsey comes prancing over.

 ‘What do you want?’ I asked. It seems like I am always asking that now.

 ‘I was just wondering how many guys you have slept with recently?’ she asked smirking.

 ‘Well I have a boyfriend so…’ I said trailing off.

 ‘So, who is he?’ she asked curiously. 

‘Kelsey meet Peyton’ I said.

 Peyton looked surprised and I quickly motioned for him to just pretend that I am telling the truth. Luckily Kelsey didn’t notice.

 ‘Really, then how about you kiss him?’ she asked.

 I leant across and kissed Peyton lightly but enough so it looked like it was serious. When I turned back I noticed something strange flicker across Sophie’s face but I think it might have been sadness but I’m not sure.