Chapter 1

Riley’s POV

‘Hike’ Thomas yelled.

He threw the ball and I caught it from about twenty away from him, undefended. This is probably because Luke is lying on the ground about five yards away.

‘That’s probably illegal’ he moaned from his position.

‘I don’t care’ I smirked. I had accidentally shoved him.

Thomas, Luke and I are best friends. Thomas and I are twins as well. Thomas is a quarterback and Luke is a safety with me a receiver. We are obsessed with football. Our backyard has room for a football field and up one end we have a set of goals. We have spent most of summer playing in our yard.

‘You should care if you want to play for the school’ Thomas said joining us.

‘I told you I’m not going to play for the school’ I said firmly. I have telling them this for the last three weeks but they keep asking me.

‘I’m finished for the day’ Thomas said and headed inside.

My name is Riley Daniels. I’m not a boy, just a girl with a male name. I look like one of those people you would call normal. I have darkish brown hair and brown eyes. Thomas looks very similar to me, with us being twins.

Luke Williams has blonde hair and brown eyes. Him and Thomas are both players and a sort after by almost every single girl in the school and it gets really irritating. Both boys were pigging out on food when I walked into the kitchen.

‘Do you ever stop eating?’ I ask.

‘No’ Luke says while still eating.

‘Yuck, I don’t need to see what you are eating once it has gone in your mouth’ I said and headed upstairs. My room is the whole third floor. It used to be the attic but I changed it. There is a ladder to get up and I love the view as there is so many windows. Luke and Thomas both have rooms on the second floor.

The room is simple. The bed, wardrobe and desk are all pushed to the side. My favourite thing is the window seat. You can look over the whole town and further. I often sit here and read.

‘Wake up’ Thomas yelled. Neither of the boys come up very often.

I can’t believe that it is already the first day of our senior year; summer seemed to go so fast. I climbed out of bed and got changed. Unlike every other girl in our school I don’t wear makeup. I find it a waste of time and I don’t think that it makes me look better. I’m wearing a plain blue shirt and shorts. I’m not into the fashion and I am wearing things that are comfortable.

Both boys are in the kitchen, eating again. Instead of saying something I just rolled my eyes. Luke noticed me and gave me a goofy smile.

‘You excited for school?’ he asked.

‘Who in their right mind is excited for school?’ I asked.

‘But football starts’ Thomas protests.

‘I’m not joining the team’ I said firmly.

The first person that I say at school was Kelsey Thompson. She is the head cheerleader and hates me. Always has, ever since the first day of school. She has a massive crush on Luke. It’s so obvious as you can see it in her eyes every time she is around. I told Luke once and he hasn’t dated her. Both boys are players and don’t want a serious relationship.