Chapter 22

Riley’s POV

 I’m not completely sure I decided to join the football team again but I think that I would feel kind of bad if they lost since they only have two games left. They all starred at me when I walked over. Coach wasn’t here so I was off to the side, leaning against a wall. Luke walked over and leant next to me.

 “I heard the whole thing yesterday,” he said.

 “I kind of guessed,” I said blandly.

 “Why did you never say?” he asked.

 “I didn’t think that you would believe me and then tell Thomas and I didn’t want him to know because you know how he would treat me and not believe me.”

 “And why didn’t you believe me about Kelsey?”

 “I saw that she had you pinned but I have spent my whole life thinking that I am not good enough and I thought that you didn’t want me anymore.”

 “Of course, can I call you my girlfriend again?” he asked.

 “Only if I can call you my boyfriend,” I teased.

 He turned to face me. He leant forward and placed his lips softly on mine. I smiled and was pleased with the feeling. His arms circled around me and up my back while my hands cupped his face. He nibbled on my lip and I let him in. After a few seconds we both pulled apart but stayed close together.

 “Is everyone looking at us?” he asked.

 “Come on, you have to ask that?’ I teased.

 He let go off me.

 “What to confront them?” he asked and I grabbed his hand dragged him over to the rest of team.

 “You kissed???” Brent gasped.

 “No kidding. Lots of people do it and I’m guessing it is something that most of you have done,” I teased.

 “I can’t believe this. I told you that I don’t like this,” Thomas snapped.

 “I can’t believe that I actually listened to you. It’s my life and I can do what I want,” I said.

 “Well, Luke can’t come into my house,” Thomas said firmly.

 “Is it YOUR house how?”

 “It is so when you are there you have to listen to me.”

 “Then I’m guessing I won’t stay there.”

 “Yes you are,” he said.

 “I’m giving two options. You can build a bridge and get over it and not try and control it or you can go and fuck off and leave me alone and honestly if you keep acting this way I hope is the second one,” I snapped as Coach came out.

 “Riley, finally made the smart decision I see,” Coach laughed.

 “Are you saying that I joined the football team?’ I teased.

 “I don’t know, are you?”

 “If you want me.”

 “Of course.”

 The girls from the troupe pounced on me the next morning before school.

 “What do you want?” I asked smiling.

 “You are smiling,” Sophie pointed out.

 “So, is that a crime?” I asked.

 “It is for you,” Kate said.