Chapter Six

Detective Braden

"Good Morning, Everyone this is the information you'll need in order to help us put this man in jail" I said pointing to the picture of Romeo Rico on the smart board. I clicked the button on my remote changing the slide. 

"This is Romeo Rico, head of the biggest drug game this city has to offer. He and his team Romie Rico, his younger sister, Treasure and Egypt Evens, Wallace George or Black as they like to call him and Terrel Harris or King as he's known to everyone. "

" Now, what are the benefits of this case? Well we'll be living like them, all their millions, their cars all of it. Ours, we bust them we cash in." My partner Julian said.

"Just imagine, rolling around these streets in Kings icy blue Lamborghini or Romies gorgeous pure white Aston Martin" I said switching the slides.

"Don't think of this as being a dirty cop, just think of it as..doing your job with way more benefits than great heath insurance" 

-- THAT AFTERNOON.

"Its hot as hell in here" Julian said fanning her self. "Well that sucks doesn't it?" I retorted. 

"Why do we even have to sit in the fucking UPS Truck anyways?" she questioned. I rolled my eyes, and sighed leaning into my chair and watching the surveillance outside Romie's son's school. Word is Romeo picks him up every Thursday. He'll more than likely take me to their safe house. 

"Theres our guy!" Derek a rookie in training said over excitedly. "I know we see him" I said. 

"Well damn, he's fione" Fallen another rookie in training said. Fallen was a young one about 20 or 21 who had looks to kill. If I wasn't old enough to be her father, the things I would do to her. "Stop daydreaming rookie and pay attention" 

After safely placing the child in the car he turned looking at the UPS Van we were in, smiling he stuck up the middle finger and mouthed the word "Dumbasses" then waved and got into the car. 

'What in the hell!?" Julian exclaimed. "He's on too us." 

"But how?" she questioned. "Does it look like i know?"

King

I sat in the back of the cop car thinking. I shook my head at the fact that I was arrested for running 3 red lights. I smiled, knowing exactly what these nigga's wanted from me, and they ain't getting it.

"Terrance right?" a middle aged women said as she walked in with a tan manila folder in her hand and a coke in her other one. She slide the coke over to me "Drink?" she questioned sitting directly across from me. 

I smiled, and kicked the table causing the coke to slide off and roll to the floor. "Did I ask you for one? Nope and it's Terrel ma" i said sitting back. "Look, can I pay my fine and go please." I said before she could say something.

"Oh, your girlfriends waiting for you?" she smirked. "You playing daddy again now huh King?" I clenched my jaw but I knew they'd bring it up so I ain trip.

"Romie's son is really cute honestly, but doesn't it bring back memories?" she said sliding a picture of some little boy walking with Romie and another one of the Miami crime scene. 

 "I've never seen the little boy in my life, but I'd appreciate if ya'll would stop throwing these picture in my face. My babies and their mother are six feet under right now, so if you could show show respect" I spat.

She nodded taking the crime scene photos and putting them back in the folder.  "I'm surprised you didn't know about the kid though, Romeo's suppose to be your best friend and he ain't tell you?"