(3) Thomas

A/N: Helloo my beautiful Gladers! I HAVE STARTED DOING TITLES HAHA :PPPP 
BTW: Teresa is in the story, FINALLY!! This one is gonna be really bad :P Just a warning :D

---------------------------------------------

Pulling my ponytail out and breathing hard, I crossed the line that separated the Glade from the Maze. I took a glance at Thomas, my running partner for today and crush for... pretty much since I met him. 

"Let's go map our section, Y/N." Thomas panted. I nodded in agreement just as a batter-covered Teresa came running over. Teresa was my best friend in the Glade. No, scratch that, she was my best friend for as long as I could remember. That isn't saying much, but it's still saying something. Anyways, both she and I agreed that if we could have met sooner and remembered it, we both would have loved each other. 

"Hey T," I said, using my nickname for her. 

"Hey Y/N/N!" she shot back at me, coming closer to Thomas and I. 

"Um, Teresa, mind telling us why you're covered in batter?" I giggled. She smiled. 

"Like it?" Teresa asked, striking a ridiculous pose. When I laughed, she continued. "I was helping Fry in the kitchen and well, things got a little out of hand." I sighed and Thomas offered to take over both of our map duties for that day because he (and I quote) 'can't stand watching (Teresa and I) be all girly together.' 

"Today is the day of the greenie!" Teresa squealed once Thomas had gone. It was the third Greenie since Teresa and I. I gasped theatrically and asked in a posh British accent, "Has it really been that long?" My best friend and I both giggled and ran off to the lookout tower, where we always talked and gossiped and just chilled a lot. The boys knew not to come up there, because when Teresa and I came up out of the box together, we ran straight up here and used everything up here as ammo to throw at the Gladers. We eventually stopped - but only because we were hungry and it was dinner and we were out of things to throw. 

"So," Teresa hummed as we sat down in the lookout tower. "Who do you like?" 

That was a pretty straightforward question, but Teresa was a pretty straightforward girl most of the time. Also, I had promised to tell her after I got back from the Maze today, so I couldn't really avoid it. 

"...Thomas..." I muttered. Teresa squealed. 

"I knew it!!!" Teresa did a fist pump that definitely looked weird to the Gladers down below. I already knew that Teresa liked Frypan, so we spent the rest of the half hour before dinner teasing each other about how cute the other would look with their crush. 

++++++++++Time Skip (to le bonfirE)++++++++++

The Greenie had come up while T and I were spilling the tea in the treehouse (tongue twister but not really a tongue twister lmao) He hadn't remembered his name yet, so everyone was still calling him Greenie. Not that it would have made a difference if he had remembered his name, because everyone calls every Greenie that on bonfire night. 

"Hey guys, let's play truth or dare!" Minho announced to our small group of friends (me, Teresa, Thomas, Newt, Frypan, and the Greenie). 

"Sure!" Thomas yelled. Newt, Fry, Teresa and I nodded our consent behind Thomas. 

Once we had all scrambled into our seats, Minho gave out the first question of the night. 

"Newt, truth or dare?" Minho grinned and it looked somewhat similar to a shark's expression. 

"Truth," the British boy answered. Minho asked him who would he rather date, him or Thomas. Newt chose Thomas. Needless to say, Minho and his hair were very offended. 

"Um, Thomas, truth or dare?" Thomas, being the adorable dumbass that he is, chose dare. He had to let all the animals loose and then try to capture them all while we sat by and watched. It was hilarious, and by the end of it, he was covered from head to toe in mud. When he got back, he asked Frypan (who chose dare and was forced to give everyone playing truth or dare five cookies each. The cookies were amazing, but i think Fry burnt them on purpose). 

"Truth or dare, Teresa." Frypan asked, settling his gaze on her. Fry never had any good dares, so everyone was always careful to choose dare whenever Frypan was involved. Trust me, you do not want to see what his truth's are like. Teresa had learned that the hard way and it was super embarrassing for her. 

"Dare." Teresa smiled. You could see the wheels in the cook's head turning as he tried to figure out what dare would result in what outcome. Finally, he chose a very lame one. 

"Give Y/N a dare. Everyone knows she always picks truth." Frypan squealed. Teresa and I laughed together. 

"Fine. Y/N, sit on Thomas's lap for the rest of the game." The boys around us all went 'Ohhhhhh' at the same time, like they were waiting for that to happen. Thomas and I both blushed and I went over to him. 

For the rest of the game, Thomas kept whispering things like 'are you comfortable?' 'are you okay with this?' and more. It made me blush but I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't Thomas being interested in me. 

The only permanent change that one of us had to do for a dare was that I had to let Teresa cut my hair short. Not pixie cut short, but close. I enjoyed the change, actually. Gave me something that I have control over. The only bad thing about it was that I was absolutely terrified that Teresa's hand was going to slip or something and she'd cut all my hair off. 

After that, Alby declared it time for bed. I downed one more jar of Gally's moonshine and so did Thomas. We were the last ones cleaning up as Chuck had gone to bed early that night (Clint and Jeff's orders, he wasn't feeling very well). Our friends had so kindly deserted us, the most bit of thanks from them being a polite 'night guys,' from Newt. 

"Hey Thomas, I'm sorry about the game. That was kind of embarrassing." I got straight to the point as soon as everybody else had turned in for the night. 

"I like you." Thomas turned and faced me. "I like you, Y/N." I couldn't believe it, my dream was finally coming true! 

"Wait..." I said suspiciously. "What bet did you lose?" Thomas shook his head and assured me that there was no bet. 

Then suddenly, we were leaning in. Thomas's hands snaked around my waist to my lower back while mine entangled in his hair. When our lips touched, it was amazing. I felt butterflies inside my stomach. I loved Thomas. And he loved me. 

THIRD PERSON POV: 

While Thomas and Y/N were kissing passionately, nobody noticed Frypan and Teresa jumping up and down like excited baboons on a trampoline nearby, ecstatic that their OTP had finally come true. 

"The ship is sailing!" squealed Frypan. Teresa could only nod excitedly. 

A/N: OMG THIS WAS. ABSOLUTE KLUNK IM SOOO SRY!!!! I'll write a way better one next time! Thank you for all your support and i love ya Gladers!