The Fall - Rubber Duc

Joe's POV:

I had a conversation with Austin and asked him who Karlie was and he explained that she was Taylor's girlfriend.

He explained that they broke up pretty badly.

I thought back to that night in the club and realized she wasn't over her then,maybe she wasn't over her now.

" I don't know if they still love each other but still, Karlie has always fought for Taylor,so be prepared if things should go sideways." Austin let his voice trail.

Karlie's POV

Austin opened the door and after looking backwards and back at me, Taylor popped up from behind him,she started crying when she saw me.

" Why didn't you tell me that your mom is sick,why didn't you tell me that you're back?"

She cried even more. Austin moved away and I grabbed Taylor by her hand, into the rain and kissed her, she kissed me back and when we finally broke the kiss, Joe stood in the doorway,he had a sad smile on his face.

" Taylor, I can't forget you, you're all I think about at night, I go to bed thinking of you, I wake up thinking about you."

" I was stupid for letting my parents meddle with us, I loved you, I love you and I always will!"

She just cried and kissed me again,both of us getting drenched in the rain.

This time when we broke the kiss, a rainbow shown above us.

Taylor turned to Joe and finally spoke.

" Joe, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have led you on, I thought I loved you but now I realize, it's just as a friend."

" Tay, it's okay, I understand, when I spoke to Austin about Karlie, I knew my fate was sealed. Love always win."

"Thank you for understanding."

He just hugged her and pulled me closer to hug me and whispered "what took you so long"

I smiled to myself and went inside.

I was freezing and looked like a wet rat.

"Come here, let's get you dry and quick question,where is your clothes, how did you get here?"

I sat down on the side of the bathtub and laughed.

" Well, I flew here and then drove but then my car broke down, my phone died, then it started pouring down and now we're here"

She snickered at that whole story.

" well it makes a great story to tell our children some day" she laughed.

" Yes, except we skip the part where their momma was engaged to a random guy that she met at a club while drunk!"

She slapped my arm playfully and feigned hurt.

I couldn't help but laugh myself.

" go ,I need to shower and get warm." I stated.

" Says the one who pulled me into the rain and got me wet, why didn't you just kiss me in the doorway?"

" Hey, a girl only gets her 'The Notebook' moment once and that was our perfect moment." I laughed.

" That's true, it was pretty romantic and dramatic. But come on,let's have a shower an have some dinner" She laughed with me.

"Okay babygirl" I kissed her on her forehead and held her tight to me feeling complete again.