Chapter Eighteen

----Eyre's PoV----

"Please just trust me on this," I whispered.

Amias pinched the bridge of his nose, "You'd better be right."

"Am I ever wrong?" I asked. That was a joke of a question, "I'm joking."

"Just repeat the plan one last time," Amias said.

I sighed, "I take their fire with Scout and Amber. You and the others burn that barn. Make sure there's no where to run. Try not to burn down the entire forest while you're at it. Rayna's in there."

"Isn't Azariah in the barn?" Amber asked.

"He should be distracting Kugen long enough for you to light the barn on fire," I explained, "And then he'll start running, drawing Kugen's fire for long enough to distract him from Rayna."

Scout frowned, "Isn't she recruiting the others."

I nearly roared in anger. We'd gone over this plan hundreds of times.

Patience, young one.

Very helpful.

"She will have them on her side as backup," I said, trying to stop myself from vibrating with fear. If this went wrong-

It won't.

"Hopefully," I added, "If not, they're officially Elysium's enemies. Stay away from them."

"Let's go," Amias said. Scout and I broke off from the group.

I hope this doesn't all go horribly wrong.

----Third Person----

"They're coming!" Azariah yelled to everyone on the ground with familiars, "Someone find Rayna or the riders and tell them!"

"Who are coming?" A lion familiar girl asked.

Azariah sighed, "Everyone."

----Eyre's PoV----

I'd received word that the assassins were definitely against us.

How?

Well, it was being shouted through the woods.

They'd turned on Rayna and were fighting her now. We had to take our time if this was going to work.

Yes. Patience.

What if it all goes wrong?

Then your sister and her fellow assassins will all end up dead, along with all of fire faction and yourself. That's not going to happen.

Like we spent any time at all making a plan. It was a plan what to do on the way kind of situation.

"Hey," Amber said, "It'll work."

How did she-

I told Rain. Rain told her.

That adorable little dragon is even more cute now that I can see it. It's pale blue scales and deep blue eyes.

More adorable than me?

Stop sounding so offended. You say all humans are adorable. Is it wrong for me to call one dragon besides you cute?

I suppose that's fair. But humans actually are cute. Their tiny little paws and the squeaking noises you make. And you adorable claws that you call swords. Pathetic, but adorable.

Again, glad you think the assassins trying to kill us all are adorable.

Oh, calm down. Rayna's nearly done with the assassins, and then we're clear for the distraction.