Chapter Fourteen

----Eyre's PoV----

"Are they crazy?" Amias asked.

"They're assassins, they'll be fine," Scarlet said.

I frowned, "That's what Ash said when we escaped Storm the second time. Rayna nearly died."

"Technically the dagger was already in her shoulder before you left," Scarlet attempted to justify.

"That's not any better," I said, "That might even be worse. We need to go after them."

Amias yelled, "No!"

I asked, "What?"

"Storm just tried to kill you twice. She won't fail a third time," Amias said, "And who knows how many assassins Kugen Tari's sent now."

"No, she took the dagger with Rayna's blood on it and is going to tell Kugen it's yours," Scarlet said, "She doesn't want to have to admit to him that she failed twice, otherwise she's dead."

Scout then interjected, "Wait, so Storm had mercy on Rayna despite her being the reason she failed? Or did she take it out on Azariah?"

"She threw Azariah across the clearing and he landed on a log," Scarlet said, "So yes and no. Storm had assumed Rayna would bleed out. The girl's dead to her."

"And Velika?" I asked.

Scarlet sighed, "Velika is trying to get me fired. Don't worry, if I get fired, I can just go and help them without the threat of being fired because it's already happened."

Amber replied, "Well you won't get fired. We won't let you."

"If we explain everything, maybe they'll decide they attacked Velika out of self defence," Scout agreed.

"They did," I pointed out, "She had no right to so much as threaten Rayna, not after what she's been through these last few days."

Velika seemed to materialize behind me. I hadn't heard her coming.

She can teleport.

Well that's not concerning at all. How?

Magic. How do you think teleportation works?

Why-

It's Ember Hawkfang's School for the Magically Enhanced and Dragon Riding. Seriously, clue's in the name.

Oh. Yeah, I understand why it's called Elysium.

Don't worry, you're still an adorable little human if all else fails.

Well thanks for that.

Any time.

"Someone has some serious explaining to do," Velika said, "Who are those assassins?"

"One of them is my sister," I said, "Yeah, the school thinks I only have two sisters. The third sister? My mother thinks she's an exchange student, Elysium thinks she doesn't exist. Oh, and Kugen Tari thinks she's an assassin, the rogue assassins think she's a threat. Her name used to be Suni Sari, but she had a brainwashing concussion issue in a plane crash and now goes by Rayna Ivanova."

Velika asked, "And the other one?"

"Azariah Sun," Scarlet said, "Trying to protect Rayna."

"Explain the whole story," Velika said, "Everything you know."

We all sat down. I began.

Suni got off the phone with her mother, happy to hear that her sister was going to a different school. Perhaps the bullying would stop. She packed her bag and walked out to grab a taxi.