Chapter Three

----Third Person----

A girl walked through the woods alone. Anyone with any sense would have run home by now. But this one girl just kept on walking, ignoring the howling wolves and the screeching ravens.

She didn't flinch when she saw a dead body by a tree log, an arrow in his heart. For that arrow was hers. She would have taken back the arrow, but she'd engraved them with a fox sat on a crescent moon.

She wanted them to know it was her.

It was approximately midnight. This man shouldn't have been in the woods. He was looking for something. Something Kugen didn't want him to find.

The girl knew that Kugen, the king of assassins, would never let anyone find their assassin camp. So if anyone came here on her night patrol, she had to kill them, no questions asked.

She decided that it wasn't a great idea to try going home now. Sure, she was quiet, but assassins were trained to hear even the slightest of noises. And she wasn't the only person on patrol tonight.

So she walked to the nearest tree, climbed up to the top, and fell asleep secured to one of the higher branches.

A girl riding a dragon flying over the horizon, raining fire down on everyone. Three more behind her. Darkness.

A plane. She was walking onto a plain, flipping her blond hair out of her face. Someone was staring at her as she sat down. A few moments later, the plane dropped out of the sky.

She was the only one who survived. She'd been dragged out of that plain before it exploded. She then saw that girl on the dragon again. Talking to her.

This girl, whoever she was, was a target. To be assassinated. There was a blade at the girl's throat.

"Suni!" She screamed, "Suni, please!"

She awoke at twilight. She'd overslept. She had to run if she didn't want to be late to breakfast.

Sprinting back through the woods, she leapt over all the loose branches. She then dropped down through a small cave and ran through the tunnel to the ladder at the other side.

It came out to a bright field with lots of trees scattered around and a stream down the far end. There was a large barn in the middle.

This was the third time this week she'd lost track of time because of those dreams. That girl-

"Rayna, you're late," Someone teased.

"Azariah, either be quiet, or I'll make you," the girl snapped back.

The boy- Azariah- laughed, "How'll you do that, foxface?"

"I have a dagger and I am certainly not afraid to use it to cut out your tongue," Rayna said, "And you need to stop calling me that."

Azariah smiled, "Why would you do that?" He playfully punched her.

"I'm not in the mood," Rayna said.

This was a typical conversation between Rayna and Azariah. Full of empty threats and gruesome comments. It's an assassin thing.

"Hey, Rayna," another girl said.

"Ajax," Rayna said, "Where'd that new bow come from?" Instead of using guns, these assassins used bow and arrow or daggers. It made things simpler. And a lot quieter.

The girl known as Ajax picked up a light red bow that had small carvings on it, "Went out hunting. Caught a wolf. Sold it at a northern market."

"Nice," Rayna waked over to feel the weight. She herself had a midnight blue bow that almost glittered in starlight. But under normal moonlight, it was just plain black.