chapter ten

"Call me immediately if the Lab results are out okay?" I said to the nurse in charge while signing the papers she handed to me a while ago.

"Noted, Doc." I gave her the papers back, "Shift's done?"

"Yep. It's been a rough 36 hours. I need to see my bed."

I did a quick look on the chart before placing it back on the counter. "Good work, guys. See you all tomorrow."

I hurriedly make my way through the staff room to get change. As I enter the door, my phone rang.

It's Vaughn. A smile slowly creep its way in on my face. I answer the call.

"Hey, handsome. You done?" Just by hearing his voice, it makes me want to see him so bad.

We've never seen each other for 4 days because our schedule isn't the same. And now, it kinda worked out so we will see each other and spend our off at my place.

"Yep, I'm just gonna fix my things. I'll be with you shortly." We talk some more and ended the call.

After I finished changing my clothes, I gather my things and went outside.

It's been a month since we started dating. Shay is back so Vaughn is also back to his original work place. 

Honestly, I still couldn't get a hold of what is happening to my life. It's like everything is still the same. I am working for hours and sleep less. I am still late. You know, same old same old. But it is very different at some point.

Like whenever my long and tiring shift is done, I will immediately go home and sleep. Now, before I go home I will stop by at the coffee shop beside the Hospital because someone is waiting for me there. We will talk about how our day has been while drinking our nth coffee for that day, staring at each other for a very long time with a tired but happy and contented eyes. We will make out before going separate ways.

Everything is still the same. The only thing that makes it different is because of Vaughn. I have him in my life right now. And I like it so damn much I couldn't ask for more.

The bell at the door chimed as I enter my way inside the coffee shop. It's already 4 in the morning so the tables are mostly unoccupied. I approached the counter.

"Mornin' Doc! The usual?" Gigi, the staff in charge at the counter who's always scheduled here every morning greeted me with a big smile.

"Good Morning! Yes, please." She punch my order right away and I handed her my card.

"Here is your card, Doc. Your orders will be served after 5 minutes." I thanked her and was about to go when she said something. "The other Doc is upstairs." She wink at me and I laugh at her.

"Thank you for the info, Gigi!"

I jogged my way upstairs and I spotted him immediately. There is no one here but Vaughn and I. Upstairs is off limits since there's still only a few customers downstairs but Gigi always lets us dine here.

I slowly sit at the opposite chair, making sure not to create any noise because he's sleeping so soundly. I imitate his position and stare at him for awhile. He looks so calm.

As he finally felt my presence, he opened his eyes and I greeted him with a smile. I reach for his hand and kiss its back. "I missed you."

"Seeing you and your smile right after I woke up is the biggest plot twist in my life so far."

I couldn't stop myself from smiling. "Good morning too, baby."

Like we have a same thought in mind, we both get up at the same time and hug each other. He whispered something on my ear that makes all of the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. "I missed you so much" he kissed my forehead and we stare at each other for awhile. Just staring and smiling like a fools.

"Okay my favorite lovebirds, your food is here. Eat first before flirting understood?" Our stares broke off as Gigi approached us with our orders. We both laugh and thanked her before she leave.

Vaughn and I sit side by side facing the clear blue sky that is patiently waiting for its sun to appear.

The cold breeze of untouched and innocent morning paved its way to our skin. This is what I like the most whenever we get to meet every morning.

With our hands intertwined, our breath are slow and relaxed like it finally found its rhythm. I lean my head on his shoulder and like a reflex, a understood and welcomed gesture, he place a kiss on my forehead and I unconsciously close my eyes, feeling and consuming all the love that he put in to that kiss. A soft and gentle forehead kiss that I will treasure everyday of my life.

I like watching the sunrise with you, Vaughn.

We started to eat while talking to each other, making up for the 4 seemingly long days of being apart.

Being with Vaughn brings out something in me that I never knew it exist in the first place.

He's the only change I want to be permanent in my life.