chapter seven

VAUGHN insisted to drive me to the hospital but I don't want to. As much as I am proud that I am a doctor, if I became a patient I will start to hate hospital and the people inside it. So he ended up driving me to my condo.

"Do you know that you are the most hardheaded person I ever met?" He said while sighing in defeat.

"That's part of my charm."

"No wonder."

I didn't catch what he said because I started to doze off while he's driving.

When we arrived, I never thought he will accompany me all the way to my unit.

"If you don't want to go to the hospital, at least let me check on you until your fever goes down." He didn't let me talk and just walk ahead like he know where my unit was. I just laugh and follow him.

I opened the door of my condo and left my bag on the counter and immediately lay down at the sofa because my head hurts and I feel so dizzy.

I opened my eyes as Vaughn slowly tapped my shoulder and gave me a glass of water and some meds. I took it and smiled at him.

"Can you change your clothes?" I nod.

"I will change later. I'm just gonna sit here. My head hurts so crazy." I close my eyes and I feel his hand slowly touching my forehead.

"Permission to access your things here? Specifically the refrigerator and the bathroom?"

I laugh. I want to see his face but my eyes remained shut. My eyelids suddenly became heavy. "Permission granted. Just don't rob me or burn my house down."

"I will try my very best."

I woke up when I felt something cold on my forehead. I slowly pull my self up and stopped when I realized something. Vaughn is still here.

He's heading towards me with a basin and a towel.

"Hey you're awake. Kumusta pakiramdam mo?" He placed it on the table in front of the sofa and sit beside me.

"I'm still dizzy but I think my headache subside." He placed his hands on top of my forehead.

"You still have a fever. We need to get it down. Can you change your clothes?" I nod at him. "Good. Change first then go to your bed so you can rest your body comfortably."

I follow what he said and after I finished, I go to my room and lie down at my bed.

Vaughn followed me while holding the basin and the towel.

"Vaughn, you've been helping me a lot. I don't want to disturbed you anymore. I can do this. You can go home and take a rest. I don't want to ruin your plans for today" I look at him and he only laughs while putting the towel on my forehead.

"I don't have plans for today. And I want to do this. So let me okay?"

"Baka mahawa ka sakin."

"My immune system ain't failing me for almost a year now."

I was about to say something again when he shushed me. "You are not disturbing me. I want to do this. And even if I go home now, it will only make me crazy worried of you so might as well be here and take care of you. I also said it clear earlier that as long as you have me, you will never be alone, right? I won't let you be alone again."

We are both looking at each other right now. And I know no one wants to break the stare. My heart is beating so fast.

"You said you have a strong immune system right?"

"That's basically the only thing I can brag about myself."

I remove the towel on my forehead and leaned to give him a kiss.

I don't know what I am doing but his lips look so soft and it is.

What he just said makes my heart flutter and my stomach to churn because of the thousand butterflies inside it.

Thousand butterflies? Fuck.

It was supposed to be a quick kiss so I was about to break it when he stopped me by holding the back of my head and pressed it even more so there will be no space between us. He move his lips like he's guiding me to do the same. And I did. It's a slow and gentle kiss. Like I am a fragile glass that he doesn't want to break.

He groaned as he break the kiss and leaned his forehead to mine.

"You are literally and figuratively hot so let me tone it down before I lose my control and forget that you are sick." He sigh and kiss my forehead. He continue to wipe my arms with wet and cold towel.

"I like you, Vaughn. A lot."

"I know. I like you too. A. fucking. lot." I laugh and just stare at him.

"Prime. Please don't flirt with me right now."

"I'm not flirting."

"Yes you are!"

My eyelids started to feel heavy but I still manage to laugh. I hold his free hand and intertwined it to mine.

"I like you so much."

"Oh, good Lord. I want to kiss you so bad until you are out of breath but I can't. So please hold your flirtatious looks and just rest so you can gain your energy back and I can make out with you from time to time."