chapter nine

I WOKE up as the sound of my ringtone enveloped the whole room. I sleepily reached out for my phone on the bedside table and press the answer button without looking at the screen.

"Hey, stranger. I haven't heard from you for awhile. I'm your mother just so you know." I groaned. Shit.

"Good morning too, mom."

"Oh, don't start with me Primitivo." Okay she's pissed.

"I've been so busy these past few weeks okay. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you as soon as I can."

"Are you sick?"

"I had a fever yesterday but I am okay now. No need to worry."

"Are you sure? Do you want me to go there?"

"I'm okay now, mom."

"You are a doctor but as my son I really don't trust you whenever you say that." I rubbed my eyes and a yawn escaped from my mouth.

"I'll call you later okay." I ended the call and was about to go back to sleep when I felt a pair of arms sneak its way to my waist and hug me from the back.

I stop for a second and closed my eyes.  I don't know why I am doing this but I just found myself saying 'Thank you'. I sigh.

"Good morning, Primitivo." He said as he snuggled his face to my neck.

"Oh, great. Good morning to you too. I'll just pretend you never said that."

I can feel his laughs on my neck. I smile.

"How are you feeling?" He put his hand on my forehead for a while and get back on hugging me. "Your fever is gone."

"All credits goes to you. I'm good. My head doesn't feel heavy anymore."

"That's good to hear. Let's avoid being sick okay? You should give yourself a break sometimes."

"Hmmm." I grab his hand and kiss it. "I'll cook our breakfast. What do you want?" I move myself so we are both facing each other.

"Let's eat rice? We haven't had our dinner yesterday. Heavy breakfast will do."

"Noted!" I was about to get up when he stopped me by not letting go of my hand. I look at him and ask him why.

"I-I had a good sleep." He intertwine our fingers. I think he's shy because he's not looking at me. He leans in the bed frame while looking at our hands. "I don't want to freak you out by being so cheesy and all since we just only confess to each other yesterday but I think I need to tell you this. After a very long time, I finally had a good sleep. And that is because  you were in my arms. It is so comfortable that it makes my heart so happy."

I am not the type of person who easily gets emotional over certain things or get all curled up by my emotions but I think that was before I met this guy over here. My heart just go crazy the moment he let out every word he just said.

"You are not freaking me out silly. I'm happy to hear that. Whatever it is that we have right now, I love it. Let's continue to explore and know each other as time goes by. I know we'll get there. We will get there." I lift his face so our eyes found each other. "I had a good sleep too." I smiled at him and I felt a soft kiss on my forehead.

I prepare our breakfast and we ate while watching some cartoons on the tv. Since we are scheduled to go to the hospital by 19:00 and we finished eating at 10:00, we decided to just stay at my condo and cuddle our way to kill some time. Some Netflix and popcorn also happen. And a couple of making out.

This is the first time I stayed at my condo without feeling remorseful because of how my day is awful even if it hasn't started yet. This is also my first time having breakfast with someone at my own house. Even my family doesn't have any chance to sit at my dinning table for the purpose of eating.

It was simple. But it really made an impact to me and to my life. I'm starting to like all these strange and novel feelings that I started to feel the moment I met Vaughn. The lightness that my heart feels, the growing population of butterflies in my gut and the warmth of having someone around, I think I want that.