Chapter 31

“Blood Bound”

2012 Copyright All Rights Reserved

**Edited By LadyDawn

Chapter 31

Shelby fell on her butt and blinked.  One minute she was staring at Leo and the next- everything went black. 

“There you are, we’ve been waiting for you.”  It was Anissa’s voice that broke through her haze. 

“Anissa?” she called out and rubbed at her eyes.  Her vision had yet to come into focus. 

She felt warm hands grab her own.  “Yes, it’s me.  Here, let me help you up.  It takes a minute to clear but you should be able to see in just a minute.  We had to pull you out in a hurry and had to hide any traces of your disappearance so that no one could find you.”  She pulled her up to a standing position.  “But don’t worry, you’re safe here.”

“Safe? What exactly is that supposed to mean.”  Her eyes still felt grainy and she rubbed at them again.  Several different shades of light began to color her vision.  “Anissa, where am I? Where did Leo go?”

“Calm down,” Anissa told her friend.  “Leo is right where you left him.  By now, he knows where you are at and he knows that you are safe.   There is nothing to worry about except for yourself and that little fella growing in your belly.”

This was starting to be too much.  “Whoa, wait a minute,” Shelby swayed, and reached over to place her hands on the first thing that she could find.  She was finally able to see clearly and noticed that it just so happened to be a smooth granite top table, and from the looks of it, a very old antique table at that.  Regardless of how old it was, she used it to steady herself and then stared back at her friend.  “What are you saying?  Are you telling me that I’m pregnant?”

Anissa gasped and slapped her hand over her mouth and looked shamed.  “Oops!  I forgot that I wasn’t supposed to say anything.  Not yet anyway.”

“What do you mean you weren't supposed to say anything?  Anissa,” feeling steadier, Shelby stepped forward and grabbed a hold of her wrist.  “Are you seriously telling me that I’m supposed to pregnant?”

“Well,” she wavered and then tried her best to smile at Shelby.  Her mother had told her to not say anything yet, no until they were sure that Leo knew.  But now the cat was out of the bag so to speak.  Shelby deserved to know the truth.

“Anissa, please,” Shelby begged her friend, feeling frantic.  “Tell me.  Tell me something.  I need to know.”

“Yes.  Yes you are Shelby but it’s more than that.  The heir that you are carrying now- well, he’s gooing to be special.  He’s the one that the prophecy speaks of.  Your son will be the one to lead us into the new millennium.”

Shelby shrank back, feeling faint all of a sudden.  This was crazy, she thought to herself .  “How is this even possible?”

Anissa saw her friend pale and immediately moved to grab a chair, pushing up behind her.  “Sit down,” she instructed Shelby, guiding her to the seat.  Once Shelby was seated she walked around the chair and knelt down in front of her.  “Now take a breath,” she told her softy. 

Shelby still looked extremely pale and her eyes were hugely dilated but she did as she was told.  She breathed in and then she breathed out.  She breathed in again and then back out.

“Another one,” Anissa urged, breathing with her. 

She sucked air in, mimicking her friend and then she slowly exhaled.  At this point she felt like she didn’t have much of a choice.  Her mind was on overload.  She just couldn't understand how any of this was even possible.  A little over a month ago she was a human.  Now she was not only a vampire but she was now expecting a vampire's baby.