Chapter 10

"Blood Bound"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 10

Ric watched with great interest from the top of the stairs the confrontation between Leo, Shelby and Tatiana.  He had hoped that once Leo had seen Tatiana for the first time in decades that he would finally come to his senses and stop this marriage foolishness with his little human pet.

Unfortunately, Leo seemed to be just as enamored with it as her as before.  Ric could not understand what in the hell Leo was thinking.  For ten years he has followed this disgusting human and stalked her like a measly peeping tom.  Year after year, Ric kept his thoughts to himself, believing that when the time came Leo would realize how insane the idea of taking a human bride would be.

"How wrong I was," he thought mundanely.  He should have figured that Leo would be stubborn in this.  He was always a man that got exactly what he wanted and would settle for nothing less.  Leo wanted the puny human so he took her, to hell with tradition and propriety.  A man with his credibility and power needed a strong blood born partner like Tatiana to stand by his side for eternity, not a feeble human that he turned.

He continued to watch as both Shelby and Leo disappear underneath the cloak of night.  He had not realized how tight he had been holding onto the banister until they were gone and the wood underneath his fingers began to crumble into sawdust in his hands. 

Tatiana looked up at him and for a moment their eyes met, understanding seemed to flash between them.  Something had to be done about this. 

Luckily, Ric had already started to put a plan in motion.  A plan that would eliminate their pesky little problem.  He made the call and the cavalry was coming.  Soon enough Shelby would be no more. 

A smile lifted at the corner of his lips. He was more than happy to rid the household of the likes of Shelby Tanner.  There was no way that he would ever serve the human female that Leo was so determined to consort with.  And whether she was turned or not, it made no difference to him.  She would always be nothing more than a stinking, filthy human.  A food source to be used and tossed aside. 

And he would taste her, he told himself with certainty.  He wanted to see the fear in her eyes as he drained the last seconds of life from her body dry.  That was a moment that he was looking forwards to with great pleasure. 

"Your thinking to hard up there Ric," Tatiana said from her place at the bottom of the stairs.

"Perhaps," he replied.  "You look like you have a thing or two on your mind as well."

Tatiana let a slow grin creep on her face.  She pursed her lips and glanced back over her shoulder at the spot where the new couple had just disappeared from before turning back to Ric.  "Perhaps," she responded in kind.  "Your master has seemed to have lowered his standards quite a bit."

"That he has," Ric agreed and finally released his tenuous grip from the railing, then began his descent down the stairs to the landing where Tatiana waited.  There was something about this woman that Ric felt drawn to.  Something in her eyes that was inexplicably beautiful and drew him to her like a magnet.