20: Meeting Mom

~Mikayla's pov~

~Mikayla's pov~

The first thing I did when I woke up in the car was throw the blankets off myself and fold it back then place it and the pillow under the backseat where I had found them. At the door of the garage, I gently twisted the knob, not wanting to make any noise in case my father was still there.

And he was, asleep with one arm hanging off the edge of the couch and the other tucked under his head, as he snored loudly and looked really uncomfortable. I walked carefully to the stairs because of the shards of glass scattered everywhere and I was barefoot.

I changed quickly and put on some shoes when I reached my room and brushed my hair and teeth before making sure my phone was charged, grabbed some money and went back downstairs where my father had shifted his sleeping position.

I closed the front door and checked the time on my phone. It was already eleven o'clock. I had slept in because I finally had gone to sleep around two in the morning because he had kept me up with all the noise he was making. I decided to text Jacob to see if I could take Rocky with me to the park because I was planning on walking around the park if my mom wasn't there by the time I was.

'Do you want me to come with?' he replied after a minute.

Having Jacob there to entertain me instead of Rocky would be a good idea, but something told me I needed to do this on my own.

'No, it's okay. Im going to be doing a lot of walking anyway,' I texted. I didn't want to make it sound like I didn't want him there because I did, but this was between my mom and I, and I knew Jacob was always lazy on his Sundays.

I said I'll be there to pick him up after he replied with an 'okay'.

The walk to Jacob's house was long but I enjoyed it. The outside air was nice and fresh with the sun out but it wasn't blazing hot. Eventually I reached the Burke residents and knocked on the door, then knocked again when nobody answered. After a minute I was going to knock a third time when right as my knuckles we're going to hit the wood of the door, it swung open with a smiling Bryan on the other side.

"Hey Shorty!" he greeted, loudly might I add.

I smiled anyway. "Hi, Bryan."

Bryan smiled evilly. "Has my brother—" before he could say anything else, Jacob pushed him out of the way, a leash wrapped around his hand and Rocky on the other end of it.

I smiled when Rocky came and bumped my leg, almost making me fall over.

"Hi," I said to both Rocky and Jacob, scratching behind Rocky's ear.

"Um, I'll pick him up around four at your house? If that's okay, I don't want you walking back to your house at dark." Jacob shook his head and handed me the leash.

"That's fine."

"Mikayla! Mikayla!" Bryan yelled behind Jacob.

I smiled at his childishness. "Yes?" I asked and laughed when Jacob tried to elbow him to stop him.

"Has my brother sucked it up and -- ugh!" he groaned when Jacob had successfully elbowed him. Jacob smiled innocently then closed the door without a word.

***

I had arrived at the park at two o'clock and was walking around aimlessly when I saw three people. A little girl on the swing, a man pushing her, and a lady on the bench a couple meters away.

"You think that could be her?" I looked down at Rocky when he looked up at me. He began walking towards the people before I did and he ended up tugging me along with him.

My heart was beating erratically in my chest and my legs felt weak as we walked over to the lady. As we became closer, I took in her features. She had the same black hair I had gotten from both parents but I couldn't see her eyes. The same colored eyes she passed on to me, if I were to see them, I'd know it was her.

Before I knew it, we were right in front of the bench, and I waited a bit out of nerves as she hummed a tune but Rocky nudged me with his nose.

"Mom?"

-

a/n:
•vote if you liked it & comment your thoughts

who made these?! i love them!!!

 •who made these?! i love them!!!

   •love all you to death, bubs!