9: The Night of the Dares, Fights, and Breakdowns

a/n:
•this is me just saying this chapter longer than usual. This is over 13k words.
  •this "•" signals a spoiler alert for My Girl, idk if you've ever seen it by if you plan don't read the spoiler then get mad. When you see it again it means the spoiler is over
•FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN ASKING WHERE AIDEN IS, keep in mind that chapter six is a Monday and seven is a Friday. She talks to her boyfriend all throughout the week, I just never wrote about that week

-

~Mikayla's pov~

~Mikayla's pov~

What the hell am I supposed to wear?

It was the truth when I said I didn't have dresses, nor do I have skirts. I hate them.

I thought about this some more before an idea came to mind and I hopped off the counter and threw away my empty styrofoam cup then grabbed my water bottle.

I walked carefully up the stairs and swiped my phone and ended the paused music. It wasn't very long before I found her name in my contacts. One reason was because I only had a short list of people―which is real sad―and the other, her name started with the first letter of the alphabet.

"Hello?" Alyssa said in a scratchy and groggy voice.

I laughed. I thought I woke up late. "Hey Ally. Sorry, did I wake you?" I asked warily. Sometimes she could be grumpy when someone wakes her up from a good dream.

She yawned while saying a 'yeah'. She sighed deeply. "But it's okay, I would rather it be you over my mom or dad." She giggled probably remembering the time she slept in until one in the afternoon and her mom had fussed because she was calling her from down the stairs for ten minutes.

"Want to help me with something?" I asked as innocently as I could. I know she isn't going to like what I have to say.

"Yeah, what is it?" Her voice had picked up a suspicious yet excited tone.

I cleared my throat. "Can you do my makeup and lend me a party dress?"

Silence.

"Alyssa? You there?"

"Are you serious?" she screeched. "This better not be a joke," she warned.

"So, can you?" I already knew what her answer was going to be.

"Of course." I was able to hear her rummaging through her things already. "Wait." The sound halted. "Why are you going to a party?" Her tone had gone back to one of suspicion, like a mother questioning a child.

I chewed on my bottom lip and hesitated. "I'll tell you when I get there," I finally said.

"I'm not letting you in my house if you don't tell me." She sounded cross now instead of excited.