4: Somewhere on Vacation

a/n: dedicated to xypeourl for the trailer above

~Mikayla's p.o.v.~

I haven't told Aiden or Alyssa about what had happened in the hall during first period. I didn't want them to worry, they wouldn't let me out of their sight if I did tell them.

When I got to my second period, on time, after leaving Jacob in the hall, I was called to my math class after my teacher took attendance. Some people looked like they could have choked and died with the look they gave, they probably assumed I was in trouble. But I knew why Ms. Daniels wanted to see me. She wanted to know why wasn't I in my first class.

The phone was ringing on the other side of the room in a little corner, disrupting the lecturing of Mr. Brooks. He looked pretty grumpy that he couldn't keep going on and on about literature.

There was chatter all around the room from the students as they saw this as an opportunity to get away from the boring words and world of our English teacher. Friends conversing in groups about nothing in particular; the 'it' girls gossiping about the latest new and probably making up lies in their head to impress each other or gloat about how they knew something before the others did; and the jocks tossing crumpled up papers to others across the room. I had to chuckle when one guy was leaning back trying to catch the balled up paper, but the next second he was falling back when he had leaned too far back in his chair, when he landed there was a loud and echoing bang that seemed to float around the classroom. His friends were howling in laughter at the sight and then they practically couldn't breath when they saw the position he was in. He was folded in half with his head and back on the floor and his legs laying on his stomach and head between his feet. That looked really uncomfortable.

"Everybody, quiet. And Derek get up off the floor, please!" Everyone quieted down and Mr. Brooks looked quite smug that he could make the whole class silence immediately. "Now," his eyes swiftly swept over the students until they landed on me, "Mikayla, Ms. Daniels would like to speak to you, she is waiting in her class right now. I suggest you go," he spoke before the class erupted in whispers.

'Is she in trouble?'

'What did she do?'

'She couldn't have done anything wrong!'

All around me were people talking. About me.

I got up from my seat and walked to the door as quickly as possible to get away from all the stares and the things these people were saying.

Once I was safely in the hallway, I made my way to Ms. Daniels' room.

As I was making my way down the hallway, I passed by where me and Jacob were arguing and that led to me thinking about him.