⋆Bonus Chapter⋆

a/n:
•so, it's been a long time
•i'm writing this little part because i felt bad that i never told you guys what happened to jason after the whole bunch graduated (remember, he was a junior when they were seniors) and there had been so many people asking for a sequel
•Jason was really a last minute decision of mine, but i grew to love him . . . so without further ado, i present you with a bonus chapter for jason byers

~Jason's pov~

~Jason's pov~

I stared at the windshield of my new car, the crappy minivan my mom and dad bought during the summer. I thought over the day ahead of me. Will they make fun of me? Will my friends treat me differently? Will I have to change schools?

'Mikayla,' I thought, turning in my idea of the general direction of New York City, 'why did you have to graduate?' I frowned at the thought of her and Jacob, happy together and out of this little, miserable town.

"You'll be fine," Julie, my little sister, declared. She was a freshman and even she was more confident of the first day than I was.

Last year, on the very last day of school, I ran out of Mr. Martin's class, thanking everything that I will probably never have to see that man again. That thought alone had me happy enough to do the craziest of things . . . which I did. I kissed him. I'm so stupid. Why are you so stupid, Jason? I know you've liked him for the longest, but that doesn't make him gay like you.

I was always the one hearing the gossip from other people, never the other way around. And why now? Why, of all the other years it could have happened to me, in my senior year? The year I was supposed to have fun, and cry because—Dear god applying to colleges and universities is so hard. This was supposed to be my year.

It's your fault, my conscious bit back.

I hadn't even noticed when Julie left my car. I worried for a little before remembering she had gone to orientation with my mom two weeks before summer ended.

I sighed when I read the clock on the dashboard. Half-an-hour before the warning bell rang. Better go get my schedule and see if they changed the combinations to the lockers this year like they did last year. On my way down the hall, I saw a flash of red hair.

Heart stopped. Breathing quickened. Ears reddened.

Almost threw up . . .

There was Erik. Thank goodness he wasn't looking up and instead staring down at his schedule. I'm pretty sure if he saw me, he would run the other way.

Erik Brennor. Erik was a guy I knew since freshman year, Erik was a guy who was my best friend, Eric was the guy who had me realizing I was gay.