12: It's Five O'clock in the Morning

a/n: i am dedicating this chapter to PercyandAnnabeth4eva, thanks for the support! Go read her story, if it's her luke hemmings fanfic or another one of her works, it doesn't matter.

Sorry I took forever to update, i worked on this chapter for about three weeks/a month.

WARNING: this chapter is more than 15,000 words. This is longer than chapter nine

Please comment if you find any spelling mistakes or things like that, just don't keep commenting about it.

~Mikayla's pov~

'I lay in my bed awake at night,' I hummed the lyrics lowly because it literally explained my situation right now.

It was five o'clock in the morning and I've been awake for almost two hours. I had to get up for school in another two hours, but what if since I hadn't gotten my usual amount of sleep I would start spacing out during classes, or worse, actually falling asleep?

I had tried numerous of times trying to drift back into sleep by closing my eyes and relaxing and hoping the sounds of the rain splashing would help, but nothing seemed to be working. So after my attempts and fails of going back to sleep, I had grabbed my phone and plugged in my earphones then started listening to my music, turning the volume to full blast and closing my eyes.

As the song was ending my notification ring tone had interrupted the slow closing of the song and I had just about jumped out of my bed with my eyes popping open from the fright.

With a huff I unlocked my phone and slid down my notification bar. The message icon showed and next to it was Jacobs name.

I furrowed my eyebrows because he'd have to be awake also. I clicked on the new message and it took me to mine and Jacob's conversations, which were very little.

'I'm picking you up at 7:30' It informed me.

Scrunching my brows further in, I started typing.

'Why'

It was short and simple but that was all I could think up.

After I had switched my phone to vibrate 'Welcome to the Black Parade' by My Chemical Romance started playing and Jacob had replied back in a minute.

'You're awake?'

Then I had began typing back,

'And because it's raining and I know you dont have a car' he explained.

'Yes I am awake and you dont have to drive me to school' I insisted. It was a long distance from our houses. We lived on different sides of the town, he lived on the more rich side while I lived on the not-poor-but-not-on-the-loaded-side-either side. My father helps pay for the house believe it or not and I have my job at the diner.