11: Hypocrite is my new Favorite Word

~Mikayla's pov~

~Mikayla's pov~

I was startled out of my sleep when a knock came at my door followed by a, "Get up!"

I groaned and walked to my door to confirm who I thought it was. Sure enough, when I opened the door I saw my fathers back, cover in a black T-shirt, walking toward the stairs.

'Am I hallucinating?' He has never cared enough to stop by at my door and wake me up to make sure I was ready for school. Sure, the way he said it was demanding and scary, but the the act itself was an utter surprise.

Shutting the door quickly when it had squeaked a little, I ran to my bed and pulled the make-up from under my bed to cover the almost-disappearing-but-still-visible-bruises. I looked out my window to find out it was still raining. When I had got home yesterday I just layed down on my bed and after about an hour I fell asleep of boredom; meaning I went to bed at around two thirty.

Thinking about yesterday made me feel evil, what I had said was way out of line and he had every reason not to acknowledge me anymore. We would go back to how we used to, except now Jacob would be hating me this time.

'Just stop thinking about it and him so you won't feel like this, but when you see him be sure to say you're sorry for what you said yesterday. That is if he lets you talk to him.'

I grab the case of make-up and took it to the bathroom with me when I heard the front door close, and not slam, to take a shower. The house was silent, with the exception of the shower running, because I had decided not to take my phone for music.

After my shower I changed then hurried to apply the make-up on my neck and brush my hair. I went back into my room to put the make-up back in its place and grab my backpack. Picking up my phone from the floor where it charged last night, I swiped my finger across the screen to check the time. It was 7:20, school started at 8:00.

I walked down stairs to the kitchen to steal an apple from the fridge, but then remembered yesterday I was eating cookies with Jacob because there wasn't anything else to eat.

I realized my mistake that I had thought of him and yesterday when I said I wasn't going to. I shook my head and climbed the stairs again to brush my teeth.

As I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my mouth, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I slipped it out and saw the message icon at the top of the screen at the notification bar. After I entered my password, I tapped on my messages and found it was from Aiden.

'When you get to school come to my locker.'

I thought nothing of it, I always go to his locker, or him to mine, when I get to school and put my stuff in my locker anyways.

I put my phone back in my pocket, not seeing a reason to reply.

As I left the bathroom, my stomach growled because the only thing I ate was cookies, yesterday, in the morning with someone. I was about to leave for school when I heard thunder outside. I huffed because I was going to have to walk in the heavy rain, walking to my room I quickly pulled open a drawer and slipped on a jacket.