Hiking- Bonus Chapter

- Ok! Before we start, I wanted to tell all you guys about my friend's book. It's basically a biography about her life and her transgender dad. It's a really cool book and y'all should definitely go give it a read! 

GraceGlines is her username. Honestly, I think you guys would really like her book! So go check it out!

Ok now back to our regularly scheduled program. -

"I can't believe you're making me do this!" 

I laughed and rolled my eyes as I parked the car. "Spencer, it's a not even 2 mile hike, you'll be fine!" 

"This is worse than when Morgan made me and Garcia do the fitness test!" 

"That's tough, Reid," I said, getting out and grabbing my backpack. I laced up my shoes and threw a coat at Spencer. "You'll need that, it's cold outside." He frowned and kept muttering under his breath. 

It had been almost a year and a half since we started dating and I was making Spencer go hiking with me. He really didn't want to. 

"Laney, you're lucky I love you or else I wouldn't be out here traipsing up a mountain just to see some water." 

I smiled sweetly and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You're right, I am lucky that you love me." This seemed to cheer him up a bit. 

We went to the trailhead and started our way up to the waterfall. There were a couple other people there that day, mostly young families. We saw quite a few dogs. 

As we hiked, Spencer seemed to be having more of a good time than he was willing to admit. As we walked up the final stretch of uphill before we made it to the falls, I smiled back at him. "Aren't you glad we came?" 

He just grumbled and I rolled my eyes, knowing he was having fun. 

We made it up and over the last hill and saw the waterfall. It wasn't very tall, but it sure was beautiful. The autumn leaves added a lot of beauty to the scene. 

I smiled and took Spencer's hand. "Look how pretty that is!" 

He smiled and looked at the view, not saying anything. "You know what, this was pretty fun." 

"I told you!" I grinned. "We should go on another one!" 

"I didn't say I wanted to do it again!" 

I smiled and leaned against his shoulder, looking out at the view. I knew that one way or another I'd convince him to go hiking with me again. 

"Ok, do you wanna head back?" I asked, turning back to him. 

He seemed to snap back to reality as I said that. "Yeah, sure, let's go." 

We made our way back to the car and drove home, me being smug the whole way. 

-Ok! It was a little short, but that's all for today. Thank you all so much for reading and I hope y'all have a wonderful day!-