Chapter Eleven

When I opened my eyes, everything was really bright. After they had time to adjust, I made out the ceiling.

I was in a hospital. 

I did not want to be in a hospital.

I sat up and took the IV out of my arm. I got up and stumbled over to the telephone on the wall. I picked it up. My voice came out raspy and quiet. "Hotch? I need to tell you something. Hankle is the only unsub. He has severe multi personality disorder-" 

"I'm sorry?" said a woman's voice. "Hold on a sec, hon, let me send you a doctor." 

"Wait, no, I need to talk to Hotch. Spencer is in trouble! He needs my help-" A few nurses and a doctor came into the room. 

"Ma'am, I need you to lie down." 

"No, I need to talk to Hotch. Just let me talk to him. Let me talk to.." I trailed off as they gently laid me back down on the bed and put the IV in my arm. I became very drowsy and fell asleep. 

-~-~-~-~-~-

I woke up again. This time, there was a doctor standing over me. "Hey, welcome back." He noticed me starting to panic. "Hey, hey, it's ok, you're ok. Can you tell me your name?" 

"My name is Delaney Leroy. I need to talk to Aaron Hotchner. Please, I need to call him, my friend is in trouble, he was kidnapped." 

"Ok, Delaney, I'll see what I can do." He got the phone and handed it to me. "Just dial Aaron's number into the phone."

I shook my head and muttered, "Don't do that, nobody calls him Aaron," as I dialed his number. 

He picked up after a few rings. "Hello?" 

"Hotch, Spencer's in trouble. Tobias Hankle is the only unsub. He has severe MPD."

"Hold on, who is this? Leroy? Are you ok? You sound-" 

"Yeah I'm fine. I just got out of surgery." 

"Surgery?" 

"Yeah, Hankle shot me in the lung. Have you found Spencer?" 

"Hold on, Leroy, I'm gonna send somebody to come see you." 

"No!" I coughed a little; that hurt my throat. "No, don't. You need to focus on Spencer." 

"You could have useful information." 

"Fine. But don't send too many people." 

"Ok." 

He hung up. The doctor looked at me. "What was that?" 

"I'm with the FBI." 

He nodded and left the room. I sighed and relaxed. 

I ran my fingers over the wound and felt that it was covered in bandages. It still hurt, but it just felt like the hurt was being masked. I knew that the pain was there; I could feel it throbbing, I just didn't feel the pain so much. 

I laid my head back and scrunched my eyes closed. 

A few minutes later, I heard somebody walk into the room, they were talking in the phone. I knew from their voices that it was Morgan and Garcia. 

I opened my eyes. Morgan smiled and pulled up a chair. "Hey." 

"Hey sweetheart," Garcia said, on the phone. 

"Hi," I said, as loudly as I could without hurting. 

"You ok?" I nodded. "That's not true, is it?" 

I didn't respond. "Ok, my angel, I have to go, but I love you, and you are not allowed to die, ok?" said Garcia. 

I smiled. "Yeah." 

Morgan sighed and hung up the phone. "So, what do you remember about Hankle?" 

I rubbed my eyes. "He was switching back and forth. The timid personality didn't want to shoot anybody. The dominant personality was the one that shot me. He would do different voices for each one."

"What about after you were shot? What happened." 

I closed my eyes. "He took something out of my pocket."

"What is it? What did he take?"

I frowned and thought. "It must have been my ID. He didn't want the EMTs to be able to identify me. I knew that he took Spencer and I knew that he was only one person... "

"Ok. Good. What happened after that?"

"Um... He went to the house to call 9-1-1. Then he took Spencer and left." 

"That's all?"

I opened my eyes and nodded. "Yeah. That's all."

Morgan nodded and looked at me. "Leroy, I'm so sorry. If only I had gone with you-"

"It's not your fault. It's mine." 

"Why is that?" 

I sighed and looked at my hands. "I could have shot him. But, I hesitated. If I just had the guts to shoot him, then-" 

"Stop it, Delaney. Stop. You're already in enough pain, you don't need to place all this blame on yourself. You're just a kid." 

"I'm almost 25 years old." I smiled. 

Morgan stood up and shook his head. "Ok. I gotta go." 

"Yeah, please, go find Reid." He nodded and I watched him go. 

And all I had left to do was sit there and worry.