Chapter Nine

I sat next to Reid while the rest of the team was watching a video. I was listening to them while I helped Reid analyze the Kyle's computer. 

They were hearing 3 different voices, which meant 3 different unsubs. 

I examined the computer. "I don't think the unsubs brought a camera with them." 

Reid sat up straight and looked at me. "They didn't need to!" 

"The webcam!" I said. 

We both turned to the computer and opened it, revealing a webcam. It was on. As far as we knew, the  unsubs could be watching us right now. 

Reid and I backed away from the computer; out of it's line of sight. 

"The computer's connected itself to the internet and it's streaming a video feed somewhere," said Reid. 

"Can we trace the stream to a destination?" asked Hotch. 

"If we keep it open, Garcia might be able to-" Reid trailed off when the computer started beeping. 

Then, a series of words flashed up on the screen. "The armies of Satan will not prevail." After that, the computer shut down.

I sighed. "They must be controlling it remotely." 

"Is that even possible?" asked Prentiss. 

"Yeah, you can totally access someone's computer remotely," said Garcia, who was on the phone. "It's actually done a lot today. When a mortal calls for tech support, instead of, like, giving you instructions, the tech can work on your computer from wherever she is." 

"And they maintain the access even after the work is done?" Asked Hotch.

"They're not supposed to, but I suppose you could install a trojan horse during a service," said Garcia. 

"Something left in the computer to be turned on later," I explained to Gideon.

"It's the same way that web-sites get pop-up ads onto your computer," joined in Reid. 

The team finished conversing. Before going to our evidence board to start our attempt to assemble a profile. We really didn't have enough information.

Most of the team left, and I sat at the table, looking at evidence. Hotch stood by the evidence board, examining it. 

Just as I started to review more photos, Spencer sat down next to me and handed me a rice crispy treat. "Hungry?"

I smiled. "Yes, please." I opened it and took a bite as he did the same. "Thanks," I said through a mouth full of rice crispy treat. 

JJ walked up to Hotch. "So, Franks is right, none of the open knife cases fit."

"Tell me there's a but."

"Well, I looked at it a different way. I looked for unsolved home invasions. 3 months ago, there was a prowler called in directly outside of the Kyle's house."

"A prowler?" asked Reid. 

"The witness was walking his dog in a nearby park. Going back to his car, he saw a man in dark clothing go over the back wall and start sneaking up to the house. By the time the state police got there, prowler was gone."

"Only one man?" asked Hotch.

"Apparently," said JJ. 

"Was the witness able to describe him?" I asked. 

"If he did, it's not in this case file," said JJ. 

"Is there a name and address for the witness?" asked Hotch.