Chapter Thirty-Four

^^ He could cut me with that jawline and I would say thank you

It was a warm-ish Friday night. I was at a bar with most of the team, except for JJ and Hotch. JJ wasn't there because she was expecting a baby very soon, and Hotch was spending time with his kid. 

As I sat at our table, I winced and tugged at my shoes. Emily frowned at me. "What's wrong?"

"I usually only wear flats, so these heels are killing me." 

She laughed. "Oh, the pains of being beautiful." 

I rolled my eyes and managed to maneuver them so they wouldn't blister my heels so much. 

There was kareoke going on at the front. Morgan looked at me and Reid. "You two should sign up." 

I looked up there. "What songs do they have?" asked Reid. 

Morgan dragged us over to the sign up sheet. I pointed at one of the songs. "Hey look, Spencer, it's our song!" 

It was "You are the music in me" from High School Musical 2. He laughed and signed us up for it. 

Morgan smiled. "You guys are in?" 

I nodded. "Hell yeah!" I'd had a few shots of tequila that night, so I was a little bit inebriated. 

Spencer was a little drunk, too. Everyone was. 

Eventually, the time came for Spencer and me to perform our song. Garcia and Emily cheered as we stepped onto the stage. 

"You know the words once upon a time make you listen, there's a reason," I sang.

Then, Spencer joined in. I sang the Gabriella's part and he was Troy. "When you dream there's a chance you'll find a little laughter, or happy ever after. You're a harmony to the melody, that's echoing inside my head," we sang. 

We continued the song. Once we finished it, Rossi, Prentiss, Garcia, and Morgan were cheering really loudly. 

Spencer and I got off of the stage and high-fived each other. "You guys really nailed that," said Morgan. 

I smiled and nodded. "When did you even watch High School Musical?" asked Prentiss. 

"Yeah how much do you two hang out?" asked Morgan, smirking. 

"Well, the last time we watched it was the fourth of july, after we watched the fireworks from Laney's roof," explained Reid.

"Aww, he called her Laney!" said Garcia. 

Spencer blushed and looked at the ground. 

As the night went on, my feet felt more and more sore. Rossi had disappeared, I thought he went home, but who knows? When we were finally going home, around 1 am, I took off my heels and carried them in my hands. 

"Leroy, you have to put your shoes on," said Morgan. Much to his dismay, he was our designated driver.

"Why?" I asked. 

"You could step on something." 

"But they hurt." 

"Here," said Morgan. He turned around and I climbed onto his back. He carried me as we walked through the streets of downtown DC. Our car was parked far away. 

As we traveled, Reid and I sang. "When I hear my favorite song, I know that we belong. Oh, you are the music in me." We weren't even singing well at this point, but I was so tired, I didn't even care. 

Emily and Garcia shared a glance. 

Finally, we made it to the car. I climbed in the back and sat in between Prentiss and Reid. 

It was about a thirty minute drive back to Quantico, which Spencer and I filled with our singing, which had really turned into mostly shouting at this point.

"Okay, I regret ever making them do kareoke in the first place." 

"Sing along, Derek," shouted Spencer. 

We eventually made it to my house. I climbed out of the car and waved goodbye at everyone. Then, I went inside and went straight to my bed. I was asleep as soon as I hit the pillow. 

-~-~-~-~-~-

The next morning, I woke up with a big headache. I rubbed my eyes and got up to get some water. I knew that staying hydrated was the best way to deal with a hangover; I needed to flush all of the alcohol out of my system. 

After I got some water, I took my meds and some ibuprofen to help with my headache. Then, I took a shower and got back into bed; I decided I should probably just try and sleep it off. 

I spent most of the rest of the day in bed. Around 5 pm, I got up, feeling a lot better. My feet were still really sore from the heels I wore. I had no idea where they were, but I didn't plan on wearing them again, anyway. 

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I called Spencer and talked to him about random stuff for a couple hours, then I went to sleep.