Chapter Four- Lilly:

The summer house was amazing and I even got a view of the beach! My room had white walls and light green see-through curtains, a classical closet, dressers, and even a large bed! I think it’s a king sized…

Allen had told me to wait in the room while he did some needed-to-do-things around the home and that’s when I realized I hadn’t spoken to Dex since he spoke to when he got out of the car. Where was he?

Knocking on my door made me jump up a little. Allen walked in and said, “We’re swimming today. Did you bring a swimming suit?”

Oh no! I didn’t pack anything to go on this trip! I sat on the bed with my head bowed and shook my head. “No…”

“That’s okay. We have spares that nobody really uses. What color and what type?” he asked, getting out a cell phone from his pocket.

I thought about it. I really look good in pink or a pretty green. “I’ll take a sky blue bikini, please.”

“Alright.” he speed-dialed on his phone and put it up to his ear, wishing someone on it a happy spring break and sorry for interrupting then saying the exact bathing suit I wanted. After that he hung up and looked at me. “Listen, I may not get in the water that much.”

“Why not?” I wondered aloud. “Sorry. I meant okay.”

“No, no. It’s not you, it’s me. I don’t like water all to well, salt water even less.”

“Can I ask why?”

“Not yet.”

Wonder what he meant by that. I just nodded and someone knocked on the door again. Getting up, I opened it and a girl about a year older than me stood there with short white hair and flashy green eyes. “Here’s the suit Allen wanted.” she sighed before giving the bikini to me then closing the door.

“Oh, Rin, wait!” Allen called after her. He turned to me. “Get dressed. Please excuse me.” he opened the door and ran after her.

Being carefully quiet, I got redressed into the bikini. As I finished tying the last knot, the door burst open as I was getting a towel from the bathroom connected to the room. I didn’t know who it was, so I walked out.

As I walked out, I ran into Dex and grew inwardly embarrassed. I usually don’t wear bikini’s but today I’m taking advantage of it. He looked at me up and down then asked, “So you’re going swimming I take it?”

“Yes! I’ve only been to the ocean twice before.” I replied.

“I’m running from Rin and Allen.” he did sound a little out of breath. “But you look great, really. Blue’s your color.”

My face grew hot, I know it did. “Th--Thank you, Dex.”

His face came close to mine until he was practically breathing down my throat. “Why don’t we do this and that?”

“Wh--What?” I sounded. What was he getting at?

“Oh, Dexington!” Allen called out from outside of my room. Right on cue because Dex had his hand touching mine. Allen opened the door and Dex took a step back, growling.

“I thought I told you to stop calling me that, chicken!” he roared.

Allen looked a little outraged and upset. “And I thought I had told you to stop calling me that when… I go flying instead of pecking!” he hesitated there for a second.

They glared at each other before Rin walked in and leaned against the door. “I found him.”

“You know, for a slender thing you are, you’re quite calm.” Allen announced. “But how to do wear long sleeves, Rin? Honestly?”