Chapter Twenty-Five- Dex:

I don’t know what got into Carol, but she’s worried about Lilly. One way to find that out…

Leaving the house, I went behind the waterfall and climbed on the ledge, sitting cross-legged and back against the wall with my eyes closed, thinking.

It might be she figured out a new recipe, like the French toast sticks today, or something stupid like she forgot to do her homework.

“Or, I figured out how to get the girl’s Zodiacs without harming others around them.” someone said below, making me jump a bit.

I looked down. “Lilly!”

“You were talking with yourself.” she said, casting it off like nothing happened. “So I might as well answer.”

Her attitude has changed… This definitely isn’t good.

She climbed up to the ledge and sat by the edge, staring straight at me, making me nervous. Why didn’t I just bring my hood so I wouldn’t have to see her eyes? Those big blue eyes see everything.

“So, don’t you want to know how I’m going to do it?” she asked, a little evil coming from her expression.

She could be scary when she wanted to be. I thought she was kind and careful, but one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover.

“Can I not?” I think my voice came out a little squeaky.

Looking at me carefully, she shrugged and climbed back down and out of the waterfall, doing a cannonball in the water. Jeez.

One cannot expect for these things to happen…