Chapter Eight- Allen:

What was Akito thinking, making Lilly stay here with two of the weirdest Zodiacs? Sorry, make that three including Hatori. Luckily, Hikaru won’t be there till tomorrow went school gets out. Meaning he’ll be leaving the summer house early in the morning, before sunrise, just to make it here.

I got into the car again, making Tamaki go drop me off at the main house. Hopefully Akito wasn’t there yet. Quickly, as soon as Tamaki parked, I got out and whisked into my room, trying to be as silent as I could be. My room was completely empty because I didn’t have much stuff.

Which was fine and dandy because I’m moving to Hatori’s tomorrow after school as well to keep an eye on Lilly. She was different from the others. Not as sassy or wanting stuff. Just common and wanting to take care of what she had.

But I crawled in my bed and instantly went to sleep.

When I awoke, I felt someone on the other side of my bed. Instantly I looked and nobody was there, but I knew better. Getting up, I looked at the foot of my bed and sure enough Caitlin was there.

Caitlin was the rat of the Zodiac, in case you missed it. She had golden hair, not brown or blonde. Gold, like liquid gold that hung down in long curly strands. Then of course the ever-noticing green eyes. And last but not least her smooth and tan skin. Most boys instantly fell for her, but she likes me and it’s beginning to bother me.

She was looking up at me then suddenly jumped up happily, nearly sending me flying. But I luckily moved out of the way before she made my nose bleed.

“So, Allen. What are you doing?” she asked.

“Getting up.” I replied, getting out of bed.

Her golden hair flew into my vision. “Want to walk me to school?”

Of course, she a third year in middle school. Kind of scary. “No. I’m going to school so I’m not late.”

“Oh, please, Allen?”

“No.”

“Please?” she gave me wide begging eyes.

I looked straight into them. Big mistake. Sighing, I replied, “Ugh… No.”

“What?!”

“I said no.” You get used to those kind of eyes after a while. “Now be good and go to school.”

With an angry scoff, she turned and flew out of the room without another word. Classic sassy girl. Seriously, take a chill pill every now and again.

Grabbing my backpack, Flame and Rin appeared like they do, but today Kurogane came as well. Kurogane had the same black hair as Dex, but spiked up like Hikaru’s. He was wearing a school’s uniform, which he did not like from the looks of it.

“Hi, Kurogane.” Flame said.

He looked at Flame with a dull look and nodded. I forgot he didn’t like to talk that much. Even though he was a third year in high school, two years older than me, Dex, and Lilly.

As we got to school, we all dispersed from each other to our own grade levels. Dex and Hikaru were with Lilly along with Cindy and her other friends. Lilly waved to me and I nodded to her.

A hand was laid on my shoulder. I looked up and Kurogane was there, looking at Lilly. Even without knowing what he was saying without him speaking was pretty simple. “Yeah. She knows.”

Kurogane looked at me, nodded, patted my shoulder before leaving me for good. Lilly came up to me and looked at Kurogane leaving.

“Who’s that?”

“Another cousin of mine, Kurogane Sohma.” I replied.

Dex came up behind her. “Kurogane? He’s actually coming to school? That’s a first.”

Then up came Hikaru, “No it isn’t! He’s been coming to school for the past month.” Hikaru knew because he’s also in Kurogane’s grade. “You just didn’t know because you never pay attention, Dex.”

“Shut it, dog!” Dex snapped, wrapping his arm around Hikaru’s head and giving him a noogie.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, “Immature.”

They each looked at me.

“Are you just now figuring that out, Allen?” someone else said, making Lilly jump. Cindy was coming up behind her and thumped Dex and Hikaru’s heads. “But he’s right. Knock it off. Besides, how come a third year is being beaten up by a first year?”

“You have the right to talk, Cid.” Dex snapped.

“Be quiet, drag.” she hissed.

Lilly kept blinking in confusion before the bell rang making us go to our classes. I went with Dex and Lilly because they’re in my first class. Other than first class, I either had one or the other.

The day ended without a word of complaint from any of the Zodiacs. I walked home alone, trying to hurry and gather my stuff up. When I walked in my room, Akito was standing in front of the window, messing with the blind.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

Looking away from him, I replied, “Moving to Hatori’s place.”

“Without my understanding?” he glared, digging deadly holes in my head. “I said it was an idea. Now you’re willing to leave me!”

I didn’t argue. Years ago the rooster Zodiac was the current Akito’s favorite. It’s killing me to wonder if this Akito I know now wanting me to be his favorite.

“So. You may leave, but you know that you will be mine again, right?”

“Yes, Akito.”

“Good. Go to this Lilly and come back after you’re finished with High School.” Akito whisked past me and I quickly gathered my stuff and left to find Tamaki.

Like normally, I found him sitting in the garden. “Tamaki! I need to go to Hatori’s house!”

“Fine.” he sighed, getting up and walking to his car with me right behind him. I stuffed my possessions in the trunk and hopped in as Tamaki was backing out of the driveway.

When we got there, I told Tamaki that he could leave. So before he backed out of that driveway, I grabbed my stuff and headed inside.

Already the place was in shambles.

Lilly was in the kitchen cooking something, Hatori was looking at me like “Another one?”, and Hikaru and Dex were going at it all out, trying to see what Lilly was cooking first.

Hatori closed his book and showed me upstairs to the last spare room. Lucky me. Putting my stuff away, I opened the door to see Lilly with her hand up to knock. She had wide blue eyes as if startled that I had opened the door at the same time she was about to knock.

“Dinner’s ready.” she said, lowering her hand. “Thought you might be hungry.”

“Yes. Dinner. Thank you. I’ll be down in a minute.” I replied quickly.

She left downstairs where I heard Hikaru begging for more food then Hatori snapping at him to wait till I ate. Not wanting to hear Hikaru beg for more, I went downstairs and made my plate. As soon as mine was done, Dex and the dog were up for seconds or thirds.

“Don’t your guys’ stomachs ever fill?” Hatori asked.

“Come on, Hatori!” Hikaru started.

“Don’t you know our stomachs?” Dex answered the rest.

When they found out they had finished each others sentences, they set their plates down and started arguing again.

Was this the better choice I’ve made in my day?