Chapter Twenty-Two- Lilly:

Everyone but Allen ate the chicken, but I couldn’t blame him. So after everyone was finished, I did the dishes and got ready for bed. School was the day after tomorrow, or was it tomorrow? Oh, I don’t know…

I went to check the calendar to make sure. We got out of school Thursday for Teacher Conferences, Friday night I stayed up pretty much all night looking for Dex then today I went shopping with Carol. So today was Saturday. And now that I noticed it, I was exhausted.

Walking up to my room, Carol following, I got dressed and plopped down on my bed, arms crossed and my head landing in the middle. I didn’t notice Carol was in the room until she hopped on the bed and laid beside me. She looked at me.

“What do you have planned tomorrow?” she asked.

“Sleeping.” I replied, my voice mumbled by my arms and the blankets.

“Other than that. There must be something.” I took the chance to pretend I was sleeping, but Carol didn’t buy it because she just continued. “What about what Allen was talking about yesterday?”

Looking at the pillow, I thought. Then I looked at her. “Can I not sleep?”

“Of course. You didn’t sleep at all the other day did you?”

“No.” I yawned, rolling over and instantly sleeping.

Morning came, I was beginning to wake up, but noon came and went before I woke up. Carol was at the foot of my bed, painting her toenails. I was tired and a little grouchy, so I flipped over, covering my head up with my pillow.

“Good afternoon, Lilly.” Carol said, putting the polish away. “I thought you had died, you slept so long.”

“Sometimes I wonder if we do die a bit in our sleep…” I mumbled. Rolling over, I looked at her and she smiled.

“I’ll go tell the boys you’re awake. They’ve been dying of hunger.”

“That sounds like them.” I said, getting up and stretching.

Carol left while I got on my usual clothes. I passed the one black shirt I got yesterday at the mall. I looked at it carefully and put that shirt on instead. As I slipped it on, I heard excited talking downstairs and knew Carol told the boys of my awakening. I imagine she teased them a little bit, the guys asking her why she was down there.

When I opened my door to say hi, all the boys, even Dex was there, looking at me hungrily. I forgot that Fred, or Flame as he liked to call himself, and Kurogane were here along with William. I thought they were going to eat me. I slowly closed the door from it and Hatori called out.

“Lilly! We’re hungry!” he whined. That was a new tone from him.

“Don’t you have cereal to make?” I asked playfully, my back to the closed door. “Don’t tell me you’re too lazy to make breakfast and lunch yourself?”

Silence. Got ‘em.

Hikaru pawed the door, although I’m not sure how he could, and he whined. “Could you at least get us a snack?”

I shrugged and opened the door. Their eyes locked onto me and as I strode past. Who knew mature teenagers could act like following children when hungry? Walking past them into the kitchen, I thought I heard drool dripping toward the floor. Stifling a small laugh, I began working on some classic mac-and-cheese.

When I handed them their bowls, they took it so swiftly and ran away so swiftly that I didn’t know they took the food until they were out of the room. Finally as the last bowl was gone, taken from Hikaru, I had to begin laughing.