Chapter 16- Back in the cave (Hooray...)

Chapter 16- Back in the cave (Hooray…)

~¥~¥~¥~

Crystal's POV

Being chained to a chair was not fun.

Well, of course it wasn't. Any sane person would know that.

Was Marcus sane?

Hahahahahaha- no.

It has been three days since we were captured. Or at least, I think it has been three days. I couldn't really see the sun in this underground prison, so I could only assume.

We both have accluminated our own collection of cuts of bruises, courtesy of Marcus. None are that serious, except for a long gash on my left leg. A particularly horrible experience- even by my standards. Marcus started spontanously combusting blue ice shards when I refused to answer his question, and an especially big one cut my leg. The swelling had receded, but it still hurt like hell.

And, we were starving.

That was not a joke.

Marcus nor his lackeys didn't even bother to bring in proper food! Well, they did on the first day, but it wasn't that great. A grape from Daniel's tray rolled onto the floor, and a rat scurried over to pick it up. One nibble was all it took.

We didn't touch the food after that.

And Daniel's looks wern't helping either.

No! I don't mean it that way. I mean… he reminded me of home.

Kai has green eyes like his. Elizabeth has blonde hair too.

Oh, god. Would I ever see them again?

It's funny, how you're in a dire situation and you think of the small nonsensical things of your life. Like how you'll never get to see your siblings again. How you are going to die in a stinky old cave.

Once, when my mom wasn't such a big-shot lawyer and had time to spend with us, she said, "Crystal. Being a First Born is hard. Very hard. Sometimes you get dragged into horrible situations which you can't get out of. Be careful when you get your powers, dear." I scoffed and said, "Mom. It can't be that hard. I mean, look at you! You're a First Born and you got out alive."

Well, I wasn't scoffing now.

I swear, if I ever get out of this alive, I'd never be rude to mom ever again.

As if he could read my thoughts, Daniel's head swiveled towards me. He gave me a weak smile and said "We'll get out of this alive. Abel and the others are probably looking for us now."

He didn't call Abel by his last name. That showed how severe this was.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, unconviced. "They're looking for us now, I'm sure of it."

The problem was, would they ever find us? Much less reach us in time?

"Hey, uh, Crystal?"

Daniel's face was contorted, as if reluctant to say something. He let out a huge breath, green eyes finding mine.

"Crystal, do you- do you like me?"

"What?!"

I was not expecting that.

"Daniel, I hardly think this is an appropriate time." I kept my voice hushed, sure that they had probably bugged the room.

"If this isn't the time, then when is?" His voice was pleading, eyes wide. "We could die here, Crystal. We could. And i want to know what your feelings are for me before I possibly die."