Chapter 7- The Principal sends us on a suicide mission.

~¥~¥~¥~

Crystal's POV

Let's just say that the Principal took the news well.

"WHAT?!?!?" She screamed, and started pacing the room, hands behind her back, muttering curses.

Who knew a Principal could be so vulgar?

"I can't believe-" she paused for a while, reconsidering her answer, before continuing. "Yes. Yes, I CAN believe it. Matthew had not been acting right ever since he was accused of setting the bomb that blew up the school." She continued muttering curses under her breath, and resumed her pacing.

"What?!?!?" All five of us shouted, shock on our faces.

The Principal looked at us, surprise etched on her fretting face. "You don't know? This school building was rebuilt after a bomb exploded in the science wing. It took place just after I was appointed Principal. Matthew was accused because he was seen last next to the bomb..." There was a sad expression on Principal Sophia's face now.

"I believed that he wasn't the one who set the bomb. But the rest of the school didn't. They needed someone to blame, and Matthew became the scrapgoat. He was kicked out of the school for 10 years. After the 10 year ban, he came to me, offering his assistance in training you Five. I should have known he wouldn't come back without a grudge..."

Abel stepped forward, a serious look on his face. He meant business. "Principal Sophia, I believe the enemy sent Matthew here to collect data on the school, to use it against us." His expression turned guilty. "I should have told you about this earlier. I'm sorry." He glanced at the floor, refusing to look at any of us.

Principal Sophia sighed. She returned to her seat, and looked at Abel. " Abel dear, it's okay. What's done is done. And anyway, I should have predicted this outcome. Next time, tell us, and we'll help you."

I gave him a reassuring smile. The others did too, except for Daniel, who gave him a scowl. "Next time, Maxwell. If the same thing happens again, I swear, you'll regret it."

Abel let out a sigh of relief. "Happy you care, Daniel." He replied sacarstically, running a hand through his unruly black hair. Daniel's expression softended, but still told Abel to shut up.

Principal Sophia cleared her throat. "Dears, there's something else I have to tell you." We looked at her, waiting for further explanation from her. "My friend, Dr Lisanna, also known as the previous Fire Carrier," The Principal smiled at April at this point, "is working as an archeologist."

She paused, to catch her breath. "Well, she found out about an ancient artefact from her company's archives. This artefact is buried deep within a roman city of ash. Lisanna believes that this artefact can help us greatly in the war..." She stopped talking, gauging out reactions.

A roman city of ash...

No. It couldn't be.

We wouldn't be that unluckly, right?

Principal Sophia noticed my expression, and smirked. "Yes. As most of you have already guessed, I am sending you to Pompeii, the city that was buried in ash."

~£~

Daniel was the one who broke the silence.

"It was nice knowing you, Principal Sophia." He saluted, trying his hardest to keep on a straight face.

I couldn't have agreed more.

"Relax. Mount Vesuvius haven't exploded in the last hundred years." Principal Sophia told us, a tentative smile on her face.

"Haven't exploded in a hundred years.....but still considered the most active and most dangerous volcano in the world....." Abel muttered under his breath.

Wow. And the 'hundred years' comment was supposed to make me relaxed.

Principal Sophia rested her forehead on her hand. "Anyhow, the artefact is really important. From Lisanna, I've learnt that the artefact is seemingly buried deep within Mount Vesuvius....."

I began to mentally write my will.

Well, you folks at home, it was nice meeting you. Please remember me when I am buried head deep in volcanic ash. I would like red roses for my funeral. Thank you.

I really hope we make it back alive.

~¥~¥~¥~

*Note. The scences below have happened before, and are based on real life people and events, but are just overly exagerrated. This also goes for every other A/N I've ever created or ever will create too. :D

A/N

Oh mah gawds. Audrey and Gladys vow to kill me! Heeeellllppp!!!!

So how ya doin'? I'm doing great. Cuz MY FOLLOWERS INCREASED!!!! Thanks guys!!! :D But not yet 30. So, gambate!!!!

Dedication goes to NameChanger cuz SHE'S FOLLOWING ME!!!!! *screams like crazy fan-girl* and also cuz her HoH is AWESOME!!!! GO. CHECK. IT. OUT.

The information in the story are all true. Pompeii really was buried in volcanic ash, and Mount Vesuvius is still considered active, and one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world. Mount Vesuvius haven't exploded in 100 years, but that is already considered short in volcanic years.

Sad news : I may not update as fast as I did before, cuz I have school. Like every kid out there, I........dislike school. (I decided hate was too strong a word) . Now, especially. Ever since changing to secondary school, its so lonely now :(. No friends. I MISS YOU ALL, MY PRIMARY SCHOOL FRIENDS!!!

Gods, I am sooo dense. I deleted Author's Notes, and with it, goes 0.3K reads. Sad life..... :'( Oh well. A promise is a promise, I suppose.

And you ppl have gone dormant. I'm feeling kinda sad, like 'forever alone". Did I do something wrong?

Okay. Now that you've heard my ranting, let's get over to the important stuff.

Crysbel. Craniel. Crysbel. Craniel. Which to pick? You know the rules. One vote per person. If you don't understand, like our dear Zi Qi here, you are allowed to vote for either Crysbel or Craniel, and once it reaches Chapter 10, I'll tally up the scores. I seriously need more votes. So, may the best side win.

But, I still voting for Craniel.

Gladys : Me tooo! :D. Craniel!!!!

Cheyenne : Of course Crysbel is the best side.

Audrey : Yea. It's Crysbel. And Grace?

Me : Yes?

Audrey : I'm gonna kill you. *takes out knife*

Gladys : I'll help too. *takes out chainsaw*

Me : *screams and runs away like a bad hobo*

Well, my mortal life is now in danger. See you in the next chapter!

Over and out.

P.S. For the next deddy, the first person who can tell me the number of siblings Crystal has, their respective gender and names, will get the deddy! Good luck!

- For a Guardian fierce and true -