Chapter 13- In a dark and dirty cave...

~¥~¥~¥~

Daniel's POV

How I see it, I was awoken by the unmistakable stench of a cave.

I bolted up straight, my eyes wide open. My senses were on high alert, and I knew immediately that I was in enemy territory.

Panic-stricken, I glanced around my surroundings. I was in some sort of cave, deep underground. A door stood nearby, and a table was at the far end of the cave.

I tried to move my body, before realizing that i was bound to a chair, my hands were secured tightly by energy restraining tape.

Gah. I hate that thing.

I noticed Crystal sleeping soundly, her head lolled to her right side, hands and legs bound by chains, like mine.

A sense of relief overcame me,and I smiled at Crystal's sleeping form. Even sleeping, she looked cute.

But, my smile faltered when I remembered Marcus's words.

"You can't even protect your girl!"

I sighed deeply, and recalled what happened after Crystal fainted.

~£~

The moment Crystal fainted, I knew all hope was lost.

Crystal collapsed onto the forest floor, and the rain stopped abruptly.

Marcus and his gang were growling angrily, looking ready to punch the hell out of someone.

Oh no.

Marcus flicked wet hair from his forehead, and screamed.

"Get them!!!"

His lackeys started moving in my direction. I glanced hurriedly at Crystal's form, hoping that maybe I could make a break for it.

But I knew it was a futile thought. Crystal was just too heavy for me to lug along.

The kidnappers were already by my side. How did they get here so fast?

Marcus gave me a wicked smile, and I sneered back. Well, I did, until one of them punched me.

As I succumbed to the darkness, the last thing I saw was the broken form of Crystal, left unprotected.

~£~

Maybe, just maybe, Abel was more suited to care for Crystal.

I sighed gloomily.

Or maybe, I was just hallucinating.

Crystal began to stir, and I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and directed my attention to her.

"Mhm." She slurred, looking up blearily. She let out a loud yawn.

"Hey. Welcome back." I said rather drily, trying to mask my fear.

Fear, of course not for myself. Fear for Crystal.

People who can perform Advanced Elemention are like an endangered species. Those who can still wield the amount of willpower and mindset to control it are few and far between.

And when the enemy finds out she can do it, Crystal will be hunted down, to be captured, or even worse.

To be killed.

"Is it just me, or does this place smell like a sewer?" Crystal wrinkled her nose. I stared at her blankly for a while, before cracking up.

She just rolled her eyes, and shook her blasted shackles, as I sat there, laughing like a mad man.