Christmas Special: Bucky

"Hey Bucky! I'm home! Merry early Christmas!" You sang as you walked through the door.

"Hi, Y/N." he called back from the living room.

You said the groceries that you had just bought down in the kitchen, and joined Bucky in the living room.

"I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already!" You say.

"Yeah." Bucky responds.

You turn to face him, wondering why he's acting strange. Well, strange to you, anyway.

To anyone else, it would seem as if Bucky was acting normally, but ever since you and Bucky had become a couple, he acted very different around you.

"Bucky, what's up? You're acting funny." you ask.

He shrugged.

"I guess I'm just not used to spending holidays with people. Or, celebrating holidays at all..."

"Well, we'll have to get you used to spending holidays- especially Christmas- with people."

After a moment of thinking, an idea came to mind.

"What if we spend Christmas with Steve?" You ask.

Bucky stiffened at Steve's name.

"Y/N, you know he hasn't seen me since the day that I almost killed him in D.C. There's no way he's going to want to see me again. Ever." Bucky said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Bucky, I doubt that's true. You've known each other since you were kids. You're best friends. A friendship like that, it doesn't just go away, Bucky." You say softly.

"That was before- before this." Bucky gestured to himself. "Steve was friends with Bucky. Bucky died when he fell off that train. I'm the Winter Soldier now." he shouted.

"Bucky, you know that's not true. You're still Bucky. You gave up being the Winter Soldier when you left HYDRA. You're a good, kind, loving man. And a man that I love, at that." you say sternly.

Bucky looked at you as you said this, and his expression softened.

He walked over to you and wrapped you in a tight hug.

"This is why I love you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." he said into your hair.

"I love you too, Bucky. And don't forget it." you say into his chest.

"So, what do you say, Christmas with Steve sound good?" You ask again.

"Yeah" Bucky nodded.

You picked up the phone on the coffee table, and called Steve (via phone book. Guys, I know it's not all that plausible. Don't kill the feels!).

"Hello?" Steve answered.

"Hi. Um, this is your friend Bucky's girlfriend. My name is Y/N. I was wonder-"

"B-Bucky's girlfriend?!" Steve cut you off.

"Yeah. I know it's probably hard to believe..."

"Very hard to believe. Nobody's seen him since..."

"Well, I've seen him, obviously. But, anyway, I have a reason for calling you. Bucky's been kinda lonely lately. We wanted to know if you wanted to spend Christmas with us?" You ask.

"Why should I believe you? How do I know that this isn't a trap?" He asks.

Sighing, you glance at Bucky, who is staring at you intently.

"Would it help if I put him on the phone?" You ask.

Not even waiting for an answer, you hand Bucky the phone.