Finale Part 1

Calypso

After the meeting, the adult demigods becan flocking to the makeshift camp. They didn't like the idea of listening to Annabeth and Reyna, but they respected Chiron and the legion respectively. They began distributing ammo to the demigods. The bullets were tipped with celestial bronze instead of wasting metal with the entire bullet. It was more risky, but a good shot will kill the monster. 

It had been two days and the tremors started. At first they were few and far between, but they gradually increased until the entire park was shaking very ten minutes. 

I was still trying to find my place in the camp, but I wasn't skilled in weapon work and my magic was severely depleted. I was preparing for the injured, but other than that, I couldn't do much. I had taken to sleeping by myself in a small tent by one of the ponds because reassuring nightmares began to keep me up. When I had woken Annabeth up and received a threatening blade from my screams, I took matters into my own hands. Leo and Piper tried to help, but noting worked.

"Calypso, they're coming." I looked up to see Leo with a hardened expression, one of fear and pain. "We are getting ready."

I nodded, standing up and walking to his side. We walked back to camp, holding hands but not talking. 

People were running around watering weapons and preparing for war. The rumble of barraged signaled the chariots arrival and the neigh from the pegasus was loud and piercing. They had been flying for hours, monitoring the monster hoard that had been progressing from the areas around New York. The chariots were the only safe way to travel with the quakes, but the mortals had long abandoned the city, the one good thing. At first people blamed Percy, but when confronted, he relieved it was something else. 

"There a block away, moving in fast. Get ready!" The shout came from Butch as he jumped from the chariots. The yell spread around the camp and more people that I had ever seen gathered around the main tents. 

When the entire camp was present, Annabeth, Reyna, Percy, Jason and Frank took the stage with Chiron in the background. 

"Demigods. The last time we faced an opponent like this, we joined the same side right before the battle. Now, we are stronger and united. What every happens, we will not stop until the battle is over and we have prevailed. Stand strong and follow procedure. Hang in the trees until the line breaks through the archers and snippers. When that happens, the main attach will happen."  Reyna stopped talking and Annabeth stepped forward. 

"Demigods of all ages, we must stand together and fight. Somehow this will work out. We know Hecate is recovering in her ancient city and will return when she is healed. The prophecy states that the world would crumble by all hollows day, Halloween. If we're right, Hecate should return then. Hopefully she will defeat Kyltios like she did in the first giant war and the monsters will disperse. Our only hope is that we can hold out until she comes."

The sound of roars and screeches could be heard in the distance and the crowd was filled with unease. 

"Demigods, stand strong and fight bravely. For the gods and for the world!"

The cheer Chiron let up sounded through the crowd and the variations from the energetic people flooded around the camp. Everyone knew they could die, but they were stubborn enough and brave enough to fight anyway. I respected these brave people. I had lived long enough to see the worst of the word, and yet humans and demigods still surprised me. 

I was about to join Will and the healers and find out what I could do to help, when the dull headache I had split. It felt like my skull was ripped and half and the booming voice broke through. 

COME FIND ME

I knew it had to be Hecate because the ancient city of Asylo. I had travelled there on my 1600 th birthday and stayed for a week. It was impossible to find unless Hecate wanted you to. Only she could have sent out the message. 

Leo was calling for help while I kneeled on the group. It had been a millennia since I felt that much power course through my body and I wasn't ready to contain it. 

"Annabeth..." my voice broke as I tried to explain. The girl ran up to me, trying to help me to my feet around us, the chaos continued, but I could see a few worried looks. "I know where she is."

Annabeth was smart enough to know who I was referring to. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. I need to go to her now." I looked at Leo for a moment before continuing. "Alone."

Leo started to protest but I cut him off with a hand. "Can I borrow a chariot?" 

Annabeth studied my face and nodded. "Be safe and come back as soon as possible. Are you ok to fly?"

I nodded. I grabbed Leo and gave him a kiss, maybe for the last time, before running to the chariots. No one stopped me and I was rumbling across the ground and into the sky in a matter of moment. Looking down, I could see my friends and family running around and my closest friends watching me leave. I tried not to cry as I aimed North and flew as fast as I could.