Chapter 23

It took me FOREVER to pick the dedication this week. I really had no clue, because every single comment was brilliant. Thanks to ALL of you, but especially....... @1dfanfics03!!! You're such a sweetheart, and your comment made me tear up! <3

---------------

Chapter 23 *Wedding in: 6m 18d*

-Hallie-

   A playful grin curls the corners of my mouth as I open my newest text message.

   From: Harry

   Come back! We miss you :(

   Even though I know he's just being friendly, and he phrased it as we, after all, I can't help but notice the butterflies twitching in my stomach. He misses me.

   To: Harry

   Oh, but I'm enjoying college so much. -.-

   I shift on my lumpy dorm mattress, scooting my ragged textbook, The Modern Philosophical Sciences of Law and Human Nature, to the side. After a mere two weeks of attending my least favorite class, political science, I'm longing for the good old days when I was trapped in a guest bedroom, watching Harry and Arabella engage in all sorts of cute couple activities. Because at least then, I got to see those shimmering green eyes, adorable curls, and flawless smile.

   Although it's probably a good thing that he can't see me right now. During the past three weeks, when I'm not cramming for classes or dropping by the nearest coffee shop to gain back my energy, I've been obsessively searching for wedding plans or brainstorming sabotages. With the huge workload, it's more or less impossible to put much effort into my appearance.

   At the moment, I'm wearing my grasshopper-green sweatshirt, coal-grey sweatpants, with my wavy brown hair messily braided to the side. A bit of powder is dabbed across my face, barely hiding the light breakout on my forehead. My eyes are hollow from lack of sleep and I'm just desperately craving some chocolate.

   Believe me, it's not pretty.

   From: Harry

   I'm sure, but I've got no one to play Black-Ops with! I'm bored :(

   To: Harry

   Don't you have an album to record? Slacker ;)

   From: Harry

   We're practically finished up. Everyone is super excited about the new song release.

   To: Harry

   WHAT NEW SONG??!

   From: Harry

   You haven't heard it?

   With that, he attaches a link, and I tap on it rapidly, my eyes wide with excitement. I can't believe I've been so cut off from the world that I was completely unaware of their new song. I literally start squirming with anticipation as I wait for the video to load. Just because I'm friends with One Direction doesn't mean I can't fangirl, and new songs are a special exception.

   The strum of guitars is automatically soothing, and I slump into my pillow, locking my eyes on the screen as the lyrics slide across it, accompanied by Zayn's smooth, rich voice.

   "Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me. But bear this in mind it was meant to be. And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks. And it all makes sense to me." It's impossible not to crack a smile at those lyrics. I can only imagine strolling through the bustling streets of London, hand-in-hand with Harry, as he gazes at the minuscule freckles that pepper my cheeks.