Chapter 12

Chapter 12, finally! Excited? <3

Dedication goes to @xoxolove for being so amazing! She commented on almost ALL my chapters and said the sweetest stuff <3 thank you love xx

Also, I can't believe I already have over 100 votes and comments in just a few weeks! It's unreal that you all are so supportive, thank you <3

Chapter 12 *Wedding in: 10m 16d*

-Hallie-

For the most part, I try to avoid hurting people's feelings. I mean, God knows I'm not perfect, so why try to point out other people's flaws?

But considering I'm stuffed into fashionable-but-uncomfortable clothes, completely exhausted, and listening to the stupidest plan any mind could possibly invent, I can't exactly help myself.

"You're joking," I assume, incredulous that Niall could actually be proud of this. Pink washes over his cheeks and his sparkling smile fades.

"I... thought it was good." He falters, embarrassed, and I wince as the enthusiasm seeps out of his baby blues. Still, I'm unable to disguise my irritation.

"Maybe for a Disney channel movie," I say snidely. Almost automatically, I want to slap myself, watching a hurt look register on his face. "Sorry," I mumble after a second of uncomfortable silence. God, why am I so harsh today?

Liam clears his throat. "It could use a few tweaks here and there," he suggests kindly.

I take a deep breath, trying to suffocate the grumpy voice that keeps spitting rude things out of my mouth. "The thing is," I begin, grasping for an understandable explanation. "Arabella isn't exactly the 'get jealous and smolder' type of girl. I highly doubt that another girl simply flirting with Harry would lead them to break up. She tends to be more... 'get jealous and get revenge'."

Niall perks up, apparently fascinated. "Like a fight?" He asks, his eyes twinkling merrily. I'll never understand why girl fights attract attention from boys, but they never fail to do so.

"Well, she might confront Harry in private. But it isn't likely that she'd have a screaming match in front of a crowd, if that's what you mean." Ar has an obsession with her image: she doesn't hold back when she's around one or two people, but in public, she's a complete angel.

"And, assuming she didn't fight with him, what else might she do?" inquires Zayn, his forehead crinkling and his eyes glazing over as his mind wanders.

"Well, there's a chance she might use another guy to make him jealous. Or humiliate the girl," I offer, shrugging. Quite frankly, Ara is painfully unpredictable. I tug off the black heels that are pinching my feet and sigh with relief.

"What else?" Liam prods, ruffling his brown locks and stifling a yawn.

I search my brain for any memorable instances where she got revenge on a boyfriend. Hmm. When we were fifteen, she wedged a pack of tampons into her boyfriend's locker so they spilled all over the hallway, just because he texted some other girl that they ought to hang out sometime. Arabella may look like a pretty, airheaded snob, and may act like one, but she has the mind of a super villain.

Suddenly, Zayn gasps, his mouth falling open and eyes widening. "Wait, back to the using-another-guy thing... if, as Niall said, a pretty girl was all over Harry so that Arabella couldn't help but be jealous..." Zayn trails off, chewing the edge of his lip.

For a moment, the boys seem as bewildered as I am, but Liam swiftly catches on. "Then Ara would get furious, preferably find the most attractive male in the room, and flirt with him," Liam continues, his face bright with exhiliration.